Chapter 4

Y/N

Y/N

I wake up early on the morning of September 1st. I couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes I saw his face. Ever since Diagon Alley I haven't been able to get him out of my head. He was trying to apologize that day. Apologize. Did he really think that a simple I'm sorry was going to mend the rift that had formed between us? He broke us in the worst way possible. I couldn't let him in that easily. I just couldn't.

I could feel the tears starting to build. No. I'm not going to cry over him.

Climbing out of bed I walked over to my window. It was open, letting in a light breeze that ruffled my curtains. I could see the pitch from here. Our backyard pitch. The hoops still stood stoic in the dark morning fog. It wouldn't be light for at least another hour. I hadn't stept foot out on that pitch in so long. So long.

Flashback: Y/N and Oliver are 10 years old

"Oli, that's not fair," I shouted at him. "You always get to be the keeper! Let me try!"

I was flying on my broom glaring at Oliver. He floated in front of the three hoops made of scrap metal our dads had put together.

"I'm always keeper because I'm gonna play pro one day Y/N. I need all the practice I can get." He flashed me a grin, backed by a small giggle.

"What if I wanna be a pro keeper too one day?" I flew closer to him, the front of our brooms almost touching. He has a subtle look of shock on his face.

"You've never said you wanted to go pro before?"

I didn't really, but he didn't need to know that. I just wanted to be a keeper at least once.

"Well I do, so let me be the keeper!"

"No." He gave me a stern look and crosses his hands over his chest.

"No?" Glaring at him I flew down to the ground and grabbed the quaffle. Flying back up I aimed the ball, ready to throw it. He was still floating in front of the hoops with his arms crossed.

I'll show him.

I chucked the ball as hard as I could. It flew through the air directly at him.

Wack!

The ball hit the front of his broom sending him spiraling down to the ground. He hit the grass with a thud.

"Ow!"

I flew down to the ground and ran over to him.

"Sorry," I apologized. "I swear I wasn't trying to knock you out of the sky. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," He scoffed at me, "But you won't be."

He lept at me, pinning me to the ground. I could see the intensity in his brown eyes.