Chapter 5

Y/N

Y/N

The train is bustling with students running up and down the hall making the door of my compartment shake a bit. I can see the shadowed silhouettes as they pass by the frosted window of the door. I keep closing my eyes and praying no one enters asking if they can sit in here with me. I want to be alone. I need to be alone. It was the whole reason I made my dad get me to the station as early as he did.

I needed to clear my head after this morning. I can still see him in my head. His chestnut brown eyes pleading with me, begging me. To be so close to him yet still so far. My heart is racing just remembering his words. I was so angry. I just went off on him. But I needed to. He hurt me.

My dad could tell there was something wrong on the drive here but he knew better than to ask him. I think he knew deep down it had something to do with Oliver. We drove the whole way in silence. I was numb.

But, now it's all hitting me again like a freight train smashing into a brick wall. I went three years blocking the good memories, telling myself our history was worthless. If he was able to so easily cut ties with me then how close were we really? How strong was our friendship in the first place?

I'm not letting you go again

The last thing he said to me before I turned and high tailed it off the pitch. I remember not being able to breathe. Like an anxiety attack.

I am having one now. I can feel it. The tears are welling up behind my eyes.

The foot traffic on the other side of the door is picking up. It's gotta be getting close to 11am.

Breath, just Breath

I can hear the train letting out some steam and the jerk of the wheels. We must be getting ready to leave.

That's when I hear it. A knock on the door.

"Y/N, you in here?" The familiar deep voice of the New Slytherin Quidditch Captain.

Marcus Flint

"Go away!" I shout from inside the compartment. I know damn well he can't get in because I locked the door.

"So you are in there," He sneers, "I need to talk about the new season with you. Open the door."

"Leave me alone Flint," I shout at him.

"You know I could always just get a new Keeper."

I fling the door open, glaring at him, "You know I would say blackmail is unbecoming of you, but then I remember who you are."

I'm sure my eyes are still puffy and my heart is still going a mile a minute, but I wasn't about to lose my place on the team. I valued it too much.

"Can't this wait till we get to school?"

"No," he pushes his way into the compartment and sits down.

"Please Flint, won't you come in and have a seat?" I say to him annoyed.

"Don't mind if I do," He looks up at me with a slimy grin, "Now let's get to business."

"What could possibly be so important that it couldn't wait till we get to the castle?" I plop back down into my seat with my arms crossed over my chest.

"We're gonna need new beaters this year. The guys from last year were shit."

"We won the cup last year Flint, or did you forget?" I stare at him in disbelief. I know he's only doing this because of his own pride. Now that he's captain he wants to revamp the team to his liking.

"We did, but no thanks to them," he leans forward in his seat. I try to push myself as far back into my seat as I can.

"Okay, so there isn't anything we can do about that now. You will need to hold tryouts. So will you please leave now!" The extent of my hospitality had been reached.

"True. I'll get right on those tryouts, but I think I'll stay, I rather like this compartment," He scans around the room.

"Flint get out!"

I get up and open the sliding door gesturing for him to exit.

"No," He snaps at me, "I'm staying Y/L/N."

My once puffy and tear filled eyes are now flaming hot with rage, but before I can shout at him again, I hear a familiar voice behind me.

"You heard her Flint, Get out."

Oliver. His voice is calm but stern. I look over my shoulder to see him burning a glare at Marcus.

My heart is racing again, the anxiety just bubbling under the surface.

"Oh, well isn't this cute, "Flint sneers at Oliver and I, "I didn't realize you got yourself a boyfriend Y/N? Back off Wood, this is between me and Y/N. It's not your problem."

"Well I'm making it my problem Flint. Either get out willingly or I'll make you?"

My head was spinning. Was he defending me? I had been harassed by Flint before, more than once I might add. What made him think I needed or even wanted his help now.

I'm going to be there for you even if you don't want me to.

The memory of those words flash in my mind, But I don't need him. I don't need him!

"Oh yeah Wood?" Marcus moves closer to Oliver, "And how exactly are you going to make me?"

"I want both of you out!" I shout as loud as I can. My voice breaks. The frustration spilling over and taking every part of my body into emotional overdrive.

I push Oliver back, then grab Flint by the arm, dragging him out the door. Both of them look at me stunned.

I direct my gaze at Oliver "I don't need your help!" Then I promptly slam the door shut.

Oliver

It hurt. Seeing her so upset and angry. But, I was also seething over the Slytherin now standing next to me in the hallway of the train car.

"She didn't have to be such an ass about it." I hear him snarl at the compartment door.

"Flint, shut up." I speak as calmly as I can at this moment.

He looks over at me shocked.

"You know Wood, This whole pissed off boyfriend act doesn't really suit you." Marcus rolls his eyes, turning to walk away.

I bite my tongue as hard as I can. I'm not going to let a dick like Marcus set me off.

I turn back to the closed compartment door. The glass is frosted but I can still make out the silhouette of Y/N sitting on one of the benches. I told her I was going to be there for her and I meant it. All I want to do is push open the door and hold her. Let her cry in my arms like she used to.

I want her to need me. I can feel the tears starting to fall.