Chapter 13

Hey everyone! Sorry its been a bit since I posted last

Hey everyone! Sorry its been a bit since I posted last. It's been a crazy month. But, I think I'm back to a place where I can get chapters out more consistently. I did want to share some something exciting that happened last month. I was able to go to LeakyCon and meet Sean Biggerstaff/Oliver Wood in person. It was amazing. Its hard to even describe how happy I was to finally meet him after 22 years off being a fan. I have my tiktok video attached that has a few pictures that I had taken with him. Honestly I feel like it has inspired me even more to continue this story.

https://www.tiktok.com/@megansmith1989/video/7264574841561435438

I hope you all continue to read and enjoy this journey that Oliver and Y/N are on. Thank you so much!

 Oliver

It's still dark out when I crawl out of bed and start to change into my quidditch sweater and a pair of blue jeans. Early morning is the best time to get some flying in before the whole school starts to wake up. The Hufflepuff game is coming up and I wanna make sure I'm ready.

I look over and see Percy still snoring away, buried under his heavy crimson comforter. I throw on a pair of brown shoes and head out of the dorm room and into the Gryffindor common room. It's quiet, but soon it will be a buzz with students writing up their annual Valentine's letters.

Valentine's day always reminded me of the quidditch game that comes not long after. This year is no different. Every match is important and gets me one step closer to playing pro one day. As I walk past one of the tables, I can see a neat pile of pink paper and gold ink pens. My mind wanders to Y/N. We used to give each other Valentine's as kids. Usually just simple cards that we both made ourselves, but we loved them nonetheless. I haven't thought much about this day for the last three years. It's not like I had anyone to send one too. I'm sure Y/N was thinking the same way.

I sit down in one of the chairs, grabbing a pen and a pink piece of paper. I spend the next fifteen minutes writing out my thoughts in glimmering gold ink, before folding it into a familiar bird shape and sending it out into the hall.

Y/N

When I walk into the great hall for breakfast I look up and see a swarm of pink paper birds fluttering around, a few occasionally diving down into a student's lap. The display is familiar. It happens every year. The day always ends with some students being happy and overjoyed. Others cry in their beds with a broken heart. It's a holiday I'm not the fondest of.

As I sit down at the Slytherin table I notice my roommate Gemma unfolding a pink bird with a smile.

"Secret admirer?" I grin as I watch her eyes dart back and forth as she reads.

Her eyes left from the paper to look at me, "Oh it's no secret. It's from Terrance." Her eyes are glowing.

"Higgs?"