Chapter 33

(Mature Content: Contains topics that might be triggering for some)

Y/N

I can't tell the difference between my tears and the hot water pelting down on me from the shower head. They've melted together in a scorching force upon me that has made my skin red and raw. But it still doesn't feel hot enough. If I could get it to a temperature that would turn me to ash I would.

I can't get his face out of my head. His twisted expression through the haze of whatever he tricked me into drinking. The tea. Oh, Merlin the tea. How could I have been so stupid? I've never let my guard down around him in the past. So why did I have to be an idiot and do it last night. I should have seen it coming. I knew to never trust him. So why? I'm so stupid.

I curl up into a ball on the shower floor, my arms wrapped around my legs tight. The pain is still there. It's a pulsing reminder. But that's just it. I don't remember. I knew what was happening at first, but then everything went black. I was there, but I wasn't. He had a control over me that no one ever has. That no one should ever have.

I loosen the grip of my arms around my legs. Through water logged eyes I look at my shaking hands. There is blood under my fingernails. I fought back? I fought back! A cry escapes me that makes my body shake to its core. I tried. I tried.

Then Oli's face crashes into my mind. Our goodbye outside of the door. His smile. The feel of his lips on my skin. I bang my fists on the tile with a painful cry. I can feel it in the back of my throat. I cry till I'm hoarse and thrash the floor until my knuckles bleed. I don't care about the pain. It's nothing compared to the pain in my heart.

I want to die.

Two Weeks Later

The world around me is grey. It's like having glasses that suck the life and joy out of everything around me. But they are connected to my soul. Making me feel numb and dead inside. My blood has turned to ice, slowing freezing me from the inside out.

But, I have to hid it; the coldness in my heart. The constant fear in my mind everytime I walk throught the Slytherin common room. Even the brush of Oli's hand on my skin makes a panic rushing through me. He doesn't understand why I don't lean into it. How could he? I use excuses now. I'm tired. I have to study. I'm hanging out with Gemma. The best excuse I could come up with anytime we would even get close to being intimate is that I wasn't feeling well. All so that I don't have to face the stark reality. The one where I no longer want to be touched by my own boyfriend.

I know he would never hurt me. But, its like my brain has been rewired. The thought of being close or intimate with him scares me and sends me into a downward spiral. He's going to catch on after a while and that scares the hell out of me.

When I walk into into the Great Hall Oli and Percy are in a heated debate over the OWL's at the end of the year.

"You're over thinking it Perc," Oli says, taking a bit out of a scone.