Chapter 29

Mature Content (please read the note at the end of the chapter)

Oliver

By the afternoon, my ribs are healed, according to Madam Pomfrey. There is still soreness in my chest though. She did say the bones would be mended but that doesn't stop the pain from hanging around for a while. I made Y/N leave to get something to eat and change out of her quidditch robes even though she protested hard.

As I lay in the hospital wing alone I close my eyes and play back what I remember about the game yesterday. Slytherin was playing aggressively. Flint was by far the roughest of the bunch though. He took a few shots at me along with Adrian, but I was able to shut them out. I remember Flint grabbing one of his beater's bats. The look on his face was crazed as he hurled the bludger at me. I must have been knocked out by the hoop because I don't remember hitting the ground. He's never taken a cheap shot at me like that before. But, with the way he's been acting lately, part of me isn't surprised. I hate the way he treats Y/N. Teammates should be treated with respect and Flint has always lacked that.

The door of the hospital wing opens and Percy's head pops in through the crack. "Hey, How are you feeling?" he says walking into the room, holding a pile of clothes.

"Like I was hit by a train," I say, holding my arm around my still-sore ribs.

"You look it," Percy smirks as he sets the clothes down on the nightstand.

I roll my eyes, "Gee thanks Perc."

He takes a seat in the chair Y/N had occupied for the last twenty-four hours. His red curly hair is perfectly styled and his Prefect pin is attached to his brown jumper. It's so shiny, that it looks like he just polished it this morning.

"I expect you'll be getting out soon. Hence the clothes," he gestures over to the Puddlemere United hoodie and blue jeans.

I nod, "Hopefully. Thank you for bringing them."

I still haven't changed since the game, which means I'm still clad in my quidditch jumper and pants. I'm not wearing my robe or guards though so they must have taken that off me when they brought me in.

"You're welcome, I figured you would want to change." He sits back in the chair folding one leg over the other. "Flint really went for you this time didn't he?"

"Yeah," I remark, "Somethings up with him. More than usual."

I can't stop shaking this feeling that it all started when Y/N and I started to get close again. He was harder on her than I'd ever seen him. His hatred of Gryffindor runs deep and so does our rivalry, but having a member of his team dating the captain of the Gryffindor quidditch team must have set him off. And yet there's something about the way he looks at her now that makes a rage burn in me.

"I think it's just Flint being Flint," Percy says very casually as he looks out the window.

"Yeah, maybe you're right," I agree, not wanting to spill out to him what is going through my mind.