Chapter 9

Flashback: Summer before 2nd Year

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Flashback: Summer before 2nd Year

Y/N

"It's your choice, no one can make it for you hun." Oliver's mom walks over to me with a cup of tea and a plate that has her famous oatmeal biscuits on it.

"I know, I know.  I just don't know if it's the right thing to do." I take the cup from her and blow on the steam coming up from the hot liquid.  "I've always wanted to play for my house team, but Keeper?"

Mrs. Wood gives me a sweet smile as she sits down at the kitchen table across from me.  "You always wanted to play Keeper.  I would watch you kids back there," she gestures to the backyard pitch, "and see you begging Oliver to let you play that position.  Now is your change honey."

I know she's right.  I want this so bad. 

I sneak over to the Wood family house when Oliver is gone with his dad to see Mrs. Wood.  She really is like a second mom to me still.  She always keeps my secret, never telling Oliver that I come over regularly.  I know it hurts her that Oliver and I aren't friends anymore, but she doesn't pry.  I appreciate her for that.  Today though I needed advice and she was happy to give it.

"I know you and Oliver are not speaking.  I'm not going to pretend to know why, but don't let that keep you from doing what you've always wanted.  If anything it should give you the push to go for it even more."

She lifts up the plate of biscuits, offering me one.  I take one of the round little biscuits and pop it into my mouth.

"You're right," I say proudly.  Why should I let Oliver dictate what I can and cannot do?  It's not like he's around to put in his two cents in the first place.  "I'm gonna try out for Slytherin Keeper this fall."

Mrs. Wood beams at me, "That's my girl.  Give my son a run for his money." 

Present Day

Oliver

"Alright team, it's the first game of the season," Charlie announces to the group of red and gold before him.  "We aren't going to let Slytherin take us down like last year."

I look up at him from the bench I'm sitting on.  His brothers Fred and George are our new beaters and I have them sitting on either side of me.

"Is he always like this before a game?" Fred grumbles, knocking his shoulder into mine.

"Of course he is Fred, Charlie's always like this," George leans behind me to wack his brother in the back of the head.

Charlie glares at his brothers, but continues his speech, "I know we have some new people on the team, but I have faith that we can make this happen.  We can win the cup this year!"

"Boy he really has a big head doesn't he, George," Fred pokes at his brother leaning over me now.

"That he does Fred," George flashes Fred a wide grin.