Chapter 36

Oliver

Oliver

"Wood seriously?"

"You think she'll like it?" I ask.

Towering over both Percy and I is a huge life-size teddy bear wearing a Gryffindor scarf. Percy looks absolutely appalled by it, but I can't wipe the smile off my face. I saw it in the window in Hogsmeade yesterday and had to buy it for Y/N.

"It's a bit much," Percy scoffs, folding his hands over his chest.

Before I can respond I hear the chuckling of three kids behind me. I peek over my shoulder to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Their faces are twisted like they are trying to push back the laughter that has already escaped their mouths.

"Is that for Y/N?" Hermione asks, still holding back a snicker, "It's massive! Where will she put it?"

"In her room of course," I say to her, "She has plenty of space."

Her eyes go wide as saucers, "Wait, you've been in the Slytherin girl's dormitories! That's against the rules!"

"I think he's seen more than just the room Hermione," Fred materializes behind her, making her jump.

My face flushes. I mean he isn't wrong.

She stutters, "I was just saying that..."

"Hermione stop," Ron glares at her.

Harry shifts back and forth, "We have to get to the library right guys?"

Hermione nods vigorously. She bolts towards the exit of the common room with Harry and Ron in tow. Fred starts chuckling as he watches them file out the door, then turns his attention to me.

"That really is ridiculous Wood," he says, pointing at the bear.

I narrow my eyes at him, then look at the bear. It's perfect. What everyone else thinks doesn't matter. I imagine Y/N's face when I place it in front of her. How her eyes will light up and a huge smile will overtake her face. At least, that's what I hope will happen. I want to make her happy, and I feel like I haven't done that lately. We need time to reconnect and what better time to do that than Valentine's Day?

"So, what exactly is your plan to get this to her?" Percy huffs.

"I've got the whole day planned out," I tell him beaming, "Tomorrow morning I'm taking her to breakfast at Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop, then some shopping at Honeydukes and Spintwitches Quidditch Supplies. After that..."

Percy puts his hand up, "Enough Wood, I was just curious how you plan to get the bear down to the dungeons."

"Ah," I say, "I'm just going to use a shrinking charm and then charm it again to get it back to its original size."

"Seems like a lot of work just for a bear," Fred smirks.

"She's worth it," I say softly.

Percy and Fred both eye me. Fred's expression is almost sad. I don't pretend to know why. Percy on the other hand looks perplexed.