Chapter 32

Mature Content (This chapter contains content that may be triggering for some)

Y/N

Christmas morning I rush up from the dungeons to meet Oli and the Weasley family for breakfast. I already opened the gifts from my parents; a box of exploding bonbons, a new knitted hat, a Holyhead Harpies jumper, and a new quill with an emerald green feather.

When I walk into the great hall I see Oli sitting next to Percy. He is smiling ecstatically and holding up a pair of quidditch goggles. They look new. Harry is sitting across from him gleaming at the goggles. I walk up to the table and walk behind Oli. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Hey," I whisper and place a soft kiss on his cheek.

He whips around to see me. The smile still plastered all over his face. "Y/N, look!" He holds up the goggles to show me. They look nice with a H etching between the lenses and the black leather is shiny and supple.

"They're beautiful Oli," I smile, taking a seat beside him. I glance over at the Slytherin table. Only a few students are sitting. One of them being Marcus. He looks lost in thought. Who knows why? I scoff and turn back to the people around me.

"Harry, how has your Christmas been so far?" I ask him with a smile.

"It's been brilliant," he says with his eyes shining, "I got presents."

"Have you not gotten presents before?" I ask him.

He nods, "Oh I have, but they were always old socks or the crusty end of a loaf of bread.

My eyebrows raise in surprise, "Really? I'm so sorry."

"It's okay," he smiles, "This Christmas has more than made up for it."

I smile back at him just as Oli wraps his arm around my waist. He leans in and kisses me gently on the neck.

"Wood, must you really do that while we eat," Percy chimes in with a note of irritation in his voice.

"Suck it up Percy," I say, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Yeah suck it up Percy," the twins giggle. I look over at them with amusement. I lock eyes with Fred who's face twists in shock before looking away from me quickly. Strange.

Fred and George proceed to turn away from all of us and whisper amongst themselves. I see Ron reaching to grab a sausage off the gold serving plate and look up at Oli.

"S.. s... so... I've been meaning to ask," he says nervously looking at Oli, "Well, I was wondering if you would ever be willing to give me some pointers on playing Keeper Wood?"

Oli finishes chewing his bite of toast, "I would have to see how much time I have available," he says and clears his throat, "But yes I would be open to it."