Chapter 7

Oliver

Oliver

I'm pacing back and forth in the side courtyard.  I can't stand still.  Y/N is all I can think about.  Since the moment she said yes to me, I have been planning the day in my head.  There are so many possibilities, but at the same time I don't want to scare her off.  I know this outing isn't a quick fix.  I know she said this changes nothing, but I want it to.  I want this to change everything for us.  I wanna be able to laugh with her again, to share our wants and dreams. 

This walk to Hogsmeade could be the start.  I really hope it is.

I can see the other students around watching me now.  They must think I'm crazy.  I don't think I've ever been this jittery before.  I keep fiddling with the sleeve of my black turtleneck sweater and stomping the tips of my shoes into the walkway.

What if she doesn't come?

The fear shot threw me.  What if she changed her mind and didn't want to come with me?

I'm starting to sweat a bit now.  It's late September and frigid, but I can't stop perspiring from the nerves.

When I saw her sitting in the locker rooms the other day all I could think was how much I missed her.  When she started to remenic about our quidditch plays, it lit me up from the inside.  I wasn't lying when I told her I remember moments between us all the time.  I remember everything.  Every talk. Every laugh. Every childish fight. Every tear.  I remember it all.

Please come.

Y/N

I can't decide what to wear.

Why am I even trying so hard in the first place?  I'm still angry with him.  I don't even really know why I said yes that day in the quidditch locker rooms.

I know I was pissed when Flint went flying off to confront Oliver and Charlie, leaving me to watch the tryouts alone.  I'm not even Captain! 

I knew it was them the minute I looked up at the stands.  Who else would it be?  Charlie always made it a point to scope out other teams tryouts so he could see what he was up against.  And, well, Oliver is just a quidditch junky.  He always has been, so I'm sure that's why he came. 

I remember getting so mad and running to the locker rooms.  That's when he found me.

Truth be told, I have been reminiscing a lot lately.  Not because I want to mend things between us, but just because I want to think of a happy memory.  Any happy memories. 

I remember Oliver and I trying to write up the craziest quidditch plays and attempting them on the field.  I remember the way we used to race into the house when his mom told us it was time for lunch.  I remember his smile and hug when I cried about falling off my broom and hurting my arm.  I remember his arm around me as we walked to the car to head to the station to start school.