Chapter 14

Oliver

We never did talk the next day. Y/n has been avoiding me for some reason lately. I'm not sure what I did to cause it. I spent the rest of February and March trying to get her to talk to me. All she would say was, I'm just really busy with classes. I want to know what's wrong. Everything was going great between us. I finally had her back. What changed? That is the question that plagues me, and has tortured me for the last month and a half.

April 1st, I find myself sitting at the Gryffindor table for breakfast with the weasley twins and Percy sitting across from me. Percy seems distracted for some reason this morning, but the twins are laser focused on me.

"Can I help you?," I scoff at them, not being in the best mood.

They look at each other then back at me. A sly grin crossing their faces.

"Well?," I can feel my patience running thin with them. We lost our match against Hufflepuff not long after Valentine's day. Along with y/n not saying much to me, I was not going to put up with this.

"Do you remember Valentine's day?," Fred pipes up first.

"Yes, what about it?," I say, looking over at the Slytherin table. Y/n is sitting with her friend Gemma. They seem to be in an intense conversation.

George makes my head wip back, "Remember when we said we had something to tell you?"

This peaks my interest. I've been wondering since that day what it was they were hiding. If it had anything to do with how y/n's been acting.

"Are you going to tell me?"

The twins look back and forth between each other again, "Yes, but not here."

"Then where?," I look at them confused.

"Meet us by the one eyed witch at 12:30pm." Without another word they stand up from the table and run off, leaving me dumbfounded. Why couldn't they just tell me here? I look back over at the Slytherin table. Y/n is still there, talking. A smile forms on her face and it makes me smile. Even with our distance at the moment, seeing her happy makes me happy.

Y/N

I can feel his eyes on me. It happens every day. He looks over and I ignore him. I can't keep this up for much longer. Gemma thinks Oli and I are fighting. We aren't of course, but I can't tell her the real reason I'm keeping him at arm's length. I can't even fully admit to myself why. It scares me.

"Go talk to him. He's staring at you again," Gemma sighs, looking over my shoulder.

"I can't," my eyes fall down to my plate and I take a bite of my eggs.

Gemma rolls her eyes, "Yes you can. You're best friends. Get over whatever this little tiff is between you two and make up already."

I let go of my fork, letting it clink on the plate. Looking up, I can see the sincerity in her eyes. She doesn't like seeing me unhappy. I know it. I take a deep breath. Maybe it wouldn't hurt confiding in someone about the thoughts swimming around in my head.

"We aren't fighting."

Her eyes go large, "You're not?"

I take another breath before continuing, "It's complicated."

I can see the confusion on her face, "Complicated how?"

Lowering my voice, I whisper, "I can't say it here."

Gemma blinks a few times, then she smiles. "Gotcha!"

I smile back at her, "I'll tell you tonight I promise."