Chapter 12

Y/N

Y/N

The rest of Christmas break went by in a blur. Oliver's kiss on my cheek stayed with me like an imprint I couldn't forget. My mind was a sea of thoughts about us. Our friendship is back and stronger than ever, but I can't help but find myself drifting and dreaming of more. But why? Do I want more or is it just the warmth in my heart of having my best friend back?

____________________________________________________________________

It's the morning of our first game after Christmas break and I can't get Flint to shut up about his dirty tricks he wants to pull on the Ravenclaw team.

"Okay, so I don't want you letting anything onto our hoops. I give you full permission to fly out and knock down the chasers coming at you." He takes a large bit out of a scone with a nasty grin.

I roll my eyes, "Flint, you know damn well we would get a penalty for that."

"Not if you don't get caught," he scoffed.

I take a bite of my toast, "I'm not doing it Flint. You know I don't play dirty."

I can see the flames forming in his eyes, "Y/L/N, If you want us to win you will."

I turn my head away from him, breaking eye contact. I never play dirty and he knows that. Why he is pressing me this hard now is beyond me. I can feel the frustration radiating off of him.

"Something else on your mind?" I keep my focus on my breakfast.

He bangs his fist on the table, and stands up, "I'm getting really sick of this Y/L/N!"

I jump from the sudden vibration on the table and flash a snarl at him, "Sick of what Flint? The fact that I won't cheat?"

His fists are clenched now and his eyes are burning into mine, "No! I'm fucking sick of..."

I see him paused abruptly, and his gaze flash behind me. I follow the movement of his eyes and notice Oliver standing a few feet behind me. "Oli?"

A shy smile creeps across his face, "Y/N, everything okay?"

Oliver's eyes move from mine to Flint's. He has a relaxed look. Nothing like the rage filled expression on Flint's face.

"Yeah, everythings fine Oli, I was just leaving." I turn away from Marcus and grab Oliver's arm, "Come on".

As we walk away I can still feel Flint's glare on my back as we walk out of the great hall.

Still holding Oliver's arm I walk out into the main courtyard and sit down next to the water fountain. I take a deep breath and try to calm my anger that I feel. He's always pressed me to play shady, but over to the degree of this morning. I close my eyes and take another deep breath. I feel a squeeze on my hand as Oliver sits next to me.

"Are you okay?"

I open my eyes to meet his soft, comforting gaze, "Yeah, I'm fine. He just frustrates me so much sometimes."