Chapter 37

Y/N

Y/N

With it being the beginning of March, you would think it would be warming up outside, but no. Instead, I'm sitting in the Slytherin locker room freezing my arse off as Flint tries to inspire the team in his own horrible way. The draught of peace I drank just before showing up has calmed me so that I can be in the same room with him, but it doesn't take away the flashes of memories. They still haunt me every night.

My attention is not on the team or Flint right now though. Instead, I'm staring out the exit of the locker room that leads to the pitch. Oli said he would be in the Hufflepuff stands today; safer than him trying to infiltrate the Slytherin side. Hiding my anxiety from him has gotten a little easier lately. He hasn't asked me what's wrong since Valentine's Day which tells me I'm doing a good job.

I'm still lost in thought when I feel a nudge on my arm and turn to meet the gaze of Terrance. I've been avoiding him since we talked in the common room. Less so about the conversation we had, and more so out of guilt. Things have been rocky between Gemma and him ever since. I heard them fighting the other night when I got back to our room. Standing just outside the door I could hear them shouting at each other. I hate that I did this to them.

"Are you okay?" he whispers.

"Yes," I whisper back to him. It's not a lie. I am okay right now. The drought is making sure of that.

He nods at me and turns his attention back to Flint. I fall back into my thoughts until I hear a loud clap and the rest of the team stands up. I follow suit and start to walk out to the pitch. The roar of the crowd is deafening as I step onto the grass. It's a sea of green and yellow all around, with the occasional glimmer of red and blue.

I straddle my broom and grasp the handle tightly. Preparing to kick off the ground, I hear Flint's voice behind me. He's so close that I feel his breath on the back of my neck.

"Don't let me down Y/L/N."

The drought keeps me from spiraling but a chill still runs down my spine and out to the tips of my fingers. He walks around me and mounts his broom, kicking off and flying up. I take a deep breath and push off hard from the ground. The bitter wind slaps my face as I fly higher and higher. The Hufflepuff stands are crowded with students and I squint trying to see if I can find Oli among them.

Oliver

"You didn't have to come, you know?" I say to the Weasley twins who are leaning on the wooden railing of the Hufflepuff stands.

"Of course we did Wood," they say in unison, "It's Y/N's last game of the season. We wouldn't miss it for the world."

I eye them both suspiciously. They know Y/N sure, and they've spoken with her plenty of times, but they've never once shown interest in coming to see her play before. The twins are amazing quidditch players and I would go so far as to say good friends, but sometimes I don't know what to make of them.