Chapter 25

Oliver

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Oliver

I sit at the Gryffindor table the second week of school, defeated. Percy is trying to cheer me up in his own way, talking about his classes and how annoyed he already is with the first years, but I'm tuning most of it out.

I held open tryouts for seeker over the weekend and it was a bust. Not a single Gryffindor could match the speed and the agility of Charlie. Fred and George kept trying to get me to give the position to their friend Lee Jordan, but he was rubbish. I can deal with their disappointment. What I can't deal with is a losing team. Honestly, what would Charlie think of me if he was here right now?

My forehead comes down to meet the table and I groan.

"Oh come on Wood, it's not that bad," Percy barks from across the table.

"It's worse than bad Perc. I don't have a seeker. What am I supposed to do? If I don't have a seeker, Gryffindor can't play. And if we can't play, then we have to forfeit all the games."

I bang my head on the table lightly in frustration.

"Wood, you're being dramatic."

Lifting my head I lock eyes with him, "No, I'm not. I'm playing out the very real horrific reality of my future crumbling before my eyes."

Before Percy can speak again his eyes wander to something behind me. I crane my neck behind me and meet the gaze of my girlfriend.

"Oli?," she climbs onto the bench beside me, "You have to stop this."

The sternness, but also comfort she is reflecting at me makes me almost feel bad for being the way that I am. But I can't help it.

"Y/N, this is serious. You of all people know. What would Charlie think?"

"That you're being ridiculous," Percy cuts in, not even making eye contact.

Y/N sets a death stare at Percy before turning back to me, "He would think that you are doing the best you can with what you are given. I think he even knew it was going to be a tall order for you to fill the seeker position when he left. But he also knew you were up for it, or else he wouldn't have passed Captain on to you."

"How is it that you always know the right things to say," I grumble and bang my head on the table again.

She leans down, laying her head next to mine, "because I love you and I know you will find someone."

"Please tell me you at least remembered to finish your charms homework for today Wood?," Percy chimes in again.

"Why do you care, Perc?," I lift my head to scowl at him.

"Because it would reflect badly on Gryffindor if you didn't."

"Percy, enough," Y/N sits up and glares at him.

He lets out a sigh and gets up from the table, gathering his things, "You two are hopeless. I'm leaving."

We watch as he storms out of the great hall. We both chuckle watching the frustrated Percy almost bump into the door frame as he goes.