Chapter 16

Y/N

Y/N

"Percy, are you ever going to talk to her?"  I glare over at the freckled ginger sitting across from me at the table.

"Oliver, why is it that you both have to sit at this table? Can't you go sit at the Slytherin table?" Percy groans knowing I won't let up.  After finding out from Oli what Penelope was really wanting the night I told him I loved him, I've been trying to get Percy to man up and talk to her.

"No, because I'd like to stay alive Perc," Oliver turns to look over at the Slytherin table.  Flint hasn't taken his eyes off of him all morning.

I turn around and meet Gemma's eyes.  She's nestled up next to Terrence, his arm wrapped around her.  It would seem the Valentine kickstarted a romance between the two.  I smile at her and she grins back.  I can tell she's happy.  I whip back around to face Percy again.

"Don't change the subject.  I know you like her, so do something about it." 

His face goes sour, "You know Y/L/N, I don't appreciate a Slytherin telling me what to do."

"Well this Slytherin is dating your roommate.  Which means you have to listen to me," I rest my head on Oli's shoulder. 

It's still strange sometimes to think that we're dating.  It took us about a week before we started to call each other boyfriend and girlfriend.  I think because it was so new to the both of us.  I started spending most of my meals at the Gryffindor table with Oli.  Gemma didn't mind much since she started seeing Terrence.  Flint on the other hand made me out to be some kind of traitor to the team and the house.  Everyday he glares over at Oli, a twisted angry look on his face.  And everyday I stare back at him with disdain, and a warning look to back off.

"That does not mean I have to listen to you," Percy scoffs then looks over to Oli.  "By the way did my brother let you know the news?"

"News? What news?" Oli's eyes move down the table to where Charlie is sitting with a few other seventh year students.

"If you don't already know, then it's not my place to tell you.  You'll have to talk to him about it yourself."

Percy follows Oliver's eyes down the table.  Charlie must sense the attention because he turns to see the two fourth year boys staring at him. 

"Can I help you guys?" Charlie grins at them.

"Yeah," Oliver pips up, "What's this news I don't know about?"

Charlie takes a deep breath before getting up from the table and walking closer to where Percy, Oli, and I are sitting.  He has a look in his eyes like he's about to tell someone their dog died.

"I've been meaning to tell you but there was never a good time.  I've decided to not play quidditch professionally."  He takes a set next to Percy.

Oliver's eyes grow wide, "What?"