Chapter 21

Oliver

Oliver

"Okay so first stop is Quality Quidditch Supplies, then we'll make our way to Madam Malkin's and then I was thinking..."

"Oli!," Y/N places her finger over my lips stopping me mid sentence, "Can we not plan the whole outing down to the last letter?"

I lightly place my hand on her wrist, pulling her hand down, "I just wanna make sure we get everything we need."

She rests her hand on my cheek gently, "I know you do Oli, and we will. But, you need to relax."

I nod at her, knowing she's right, "I'll relax. I promise."

She beams at me, "Thank you."

That smile always gets me, and she knows it. One smile from her and my soul calms down. My over thinking and competitive brain can take over sometimes but she always pulls me back. Back to that moment in that dark broom closet when she told me she loved me and everything fell into place like it was always supposed to be. This between us was always meant to be.

"Hey," I take her hand in mine, "Why don't we stop and get some exploding bonbons while we're out too."

Her face lights up more, "I think that's a brilliant idea."

"Are you kiddos ready?"

My mum enters the living room holding up a dark purple bag containing the floo powder. Dad likes to take the car most places but floo powder is always the way we travel to get to Diagon Alley. I check my pocket to make sure I have my list, knowing its a long one this year.

Y/N's parents and my dad enter behind my mum and start taking large handfuls of the powder. She holds the bag out for Y/N and I and we both reach our hands in taking some.

Our fireplace is small so my dad casts a spell to enlarge the opening so we can fit in without crouching.

"Oliver honey, why don't you go first," my mum gestures to the fireplace.

I nod to her and step in feeling the soot under my shoes. It's like walking in sand. A flash of our time at the beach passes through my mind before I throw the floo powder at my feet and shout, "Diagon Alley."

I'm engulfed in green flames as I close my eyes and it feels like my body is floating for just a moment. As my eyes flutter open I see that I've materialized in an outdoor fireplace that looks out into Diagon Alley. I turn around to see the familiar gray brickwork and black metal filigree when a cloud of green smoke forms and green flames flash and subside revealing Y/N standing before me. I extend my hand out to her and she takes it. I give it a gentle squeeze. We wait a little while longer as our parents appear one after the other, till we are all standing beside the fireplace.

"You both have your money correct?," Y/N's mother asked, looking between the two of us.

We both nod, "Yes mom," Y/N says, holding up her small coin bag. The green one with all the little snitches on it.