Chapter 24

Y/N

Y/N

The rest of the carriage ride was quiet between Oli and I. When we pull up in front of the castle, I look over at him.

"Oli?"

He turns to look at me with a smile, "I'm sorry. Coming back to school is supposed to be fun."

I give him a soft smile back, "It's okay. Let's start fresh right now."

His eyes light up and he takes my hand, "Let's get inside."

With Moonstone held safely in my arms I follow Oli off the carriage. He has Bludger's cage held tightly in his free hand. As we walk up to the doors a familiar warmth comes over me. My mind remembers the first time Oli and I held hands walking through these doors. The excitement of starting our first year at Hogwarts. I let those memories overshadow the bad ones now. We've more than made up for those lost three years now.

As we enter the doors we see the pile of bags and luggage. I spot my cat carrier and race over to place Moonstone inside so he can find his way safely to my dorm room. Oli follows behind me, placing Bludger next to his things.

"I really wish we could sit together," I pout, knowing that at the opening ceremony everyone has to sit at their house table.

"You know I'll come running for you right after the feast," Oli gleams at me as he takes my hand and guides me to the great hall.

"Not if I come running for you first," I giggle.

When we enter the hall, students race all around us to try to find available seats at their respective tables. I look over and see the Slytherin table filling up. I can see Gemma and Terrence sitting next to each other.

"I'll see you after," I whisper, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"It's still too long to wait," he grins, grabbing my face and kissing me passionately on the lips. I lose my breath with a smile.

"Well, now I really don't wanna go."

"Sorry," He smirks playfully.

I poke his chest before pushing him towards the Gryffindor table, "Get moving Captain Wood."

"As you wish, Prefect Y/L/N," he says, chuckling.

I turn on my heels and head toward the Slytherin table. Once I'm close enough I shout out to Gemma.

"Hey," She waves me over to sit next to her.

I climb over the bench and sit. Gemma's hand is held tight by Terrence's and I giggle, "I see things are still going well?"

Gemma cracks a huge smile, "Oh better than well. We spent almost the whole summer together."

Her face is glowing, "I'm really happy for you Gemma."