Chapter 30

Y/N

Y/N

My breathing begins to slow as Oli holds me tight in his arms. I can hear his heart beating fast as my head rests on his chest and my fingers play with the little hairs that are beginning to grow there. I notice the bubbles starting to dissipate around us, leaving the surface of the water with a mirror-like shimmer.

He kisses the top of my head gently and lets out a sigh, "I love you Y/N."

"I love you too," I say, lifting my head up to look at him. His brown eyes are like liquid chocolate gazing back at me, making my heart skip a beat.

His hand comes under my chin and he leans down to meet his lips with mine. I kiss him back, bringing my hand up to rest against his cheek. Our lips dance together, gliding naturally and passionate.

Oli breaks the kiss and pulls back to look into my eyes, "Do you regret it?" His hand is still positioned under my chin, keeping my gaze on him.

I shake my head, "No." Then I pause, searching his expression, "Do you?"

He smiles at me, "No, not at all." He pulls me back into his arms, resting his chin on the top of my head. A smile is plastered on my face as I close my eyes reliving the moment in my mind.

Two Weeks Later

As I enter my dorm room I am greeted by the sweet meows of Moonstone sitting proudly on my bed. He jumps down and runs over to me. I pick him up into my arms and hug him, breathing in his sweet kitty smell.

"Wanna get out of here little guy," I whisper to him.

His blue eyes sparkle at me like gemstones, so I take that as a yes. I carry him with me down to the common room. Gemma has a book open on her lap when I come to sit next to her in front of the fireplace. I haven't told her what happened between Oli and I a couple of weeks ago. It isn't something I want everyone to know. I feel like it should stay a special secret between him and I. I had to work hard not to have the joy and elation show on my face for the first few days after. There are still moments when I have to work on it. Gemma is a pretty good reader of expressions so I'm surprised she hasn't noticed. But, I am grateful for that.

I lean over to look at what she is reading, "The Tales of Beadle the Bard?"

She looks over at me, "Yeah, I haven't read it since I was little. And I wanted to read something other than a textbook, you know?" She laughs and closes the book. She spots Moonstone in my arms and reaches over to pet him, "Hey trouble."

"He looked like he wanted to get out for a bit," I giggle and run my hand softly down his back.

"Well, I'm not complaining," she grins, "He's good company."

I rest back on the sofa and tilt my head back, looking up at the ceiling. The darkness of the brick is oddly comforting. Probably because it's been my home for the last four and a half years. I take a deep breath and lift my head back up.