Chapter 10

Y/N

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Y/N

I've gone home for Christmas the last three years so this was nothing new, but this time was different. Usually I am sitting in a train compartment all by myself, but this year Oliver is sitting across from me, his nose stuck in a copy of Quidditch Through the Ages. I can see his brown eyes darting back and forth across the pages, with the occasional ah and oh escaping his lips.

"Haven't you read this a million times already," I giggle, pulling the book down a bit so I can see his face. He looks up at me surprised.

"I have, but I always feel like I learn something new with each reread."

He grins at me from ear to ear. It's nice to see him smile. It really is. All the time we spent hating each other makes me appreciate these moments between us so much more.

The hug we shared after the game still confused me. My heart was beating so fast that day. He used to hug me like that all the time when we were kids. We never played the cooties game thinking that boys or girls had germs. It was just normal for us to be that close, but it never made my heart race like that day.

"Y/N, you okay?"

I snap out of my thoughts and notice Oliver is giving me a worried look, "Yeah, I'm fine," I breathe out trying to calm my now racing heart again. What is going on with me? He's still giving me the same concerned look, like he doesn't believe me.

"It may have been a while since I've seen that look, but I've seen it before. It means there is something on your mind," He tilts his head to make eye contact with me. His chestnut brown eyes lock with mine and my heart starts to pick up the pace again.

I reassure him again, not wanting to talk about what was going on inside of me, "I'm fine Oli, really. I'm okay."

His eyes soften going from concerned to relaxed. He seems to have believed me for now. I'll take the win at this moment.

"Okay, but you know you can talk to me about anything." He flashes me a bright smile before diving back into his book.

I know he's right. We used to talk about anything and everything. No topic was off limits to us, but this was different. I didn't feel comfortable bringing this up. Whatever this was.

A few minutes later there is a knock at the door of the compartment, and the sweet trolly cart lady pops her head in.

"Anything from the trolly dears?"

"Do you have any exploding Bon Bons?" I ask her politely.

She reaches down into the bottom shelf of her cart and pulls out a small pink box with an explosion design on the side, "I do."

I go to reach into my pocket for my money, but Oliver has already beat me to it and is handing the lady the money for the Bon Bon's as well as a few other sweets he wanted.