seven

I woke up to the sound of shouting, making me groan and cover my head with a pillow but it was no use.

"You're not funny for gods sake! You're getting in the way!" I heard Jude's exasperated voice and sat up a bit.
"Getting in the way of what? You and her?" I heard Sancho laugh hysterically, "You barely know her, there is no you and her."

"I know her better than you do. I was the one she opened up to first," Jude retorted like a child.
"Yeah and when she did, you ditched her. But nah sorry, my bad, you and her are a thing for sure," Jadon's voice dripped with sarcasm.

I opened the door just as Jude was about to argue, "Don't you guys have training?"
Both their eyes went wide when they realised I probably heard all of that.
"Er yeah. In a bit," Jude scrambled over to the staircase, jogging down them as me and Jadon laughed at his panic.

"Sorry if we woke you up," he apologised, walking closer to my door to talk to me.
I laughed, "It's fine, I'll crash out again in a minute."
"I don't doubt that," he laughed, remembering how out of it I was last night, "See you later?"
I nodded, giving him a wave, "In a bit."
He looked over his shoulder when walking to the stairs to show off his smirk and return the wave. I rolled my eyes, trying to hide my smile as I shut my door.

Just as I flopped back into my bed, there was a knock.
I groaned, "What now?"
"It's Kayo, are you decent?"
"Yeah."
He opened the door before leaning against my desk, "You've got a problem."
I scoffed, "Why thank you."

He shook his head as he laughed, "No another one. Jude, Jadon, Marcus. You gotta pick."
"Pick? What the fuck? I don't want any of them," I looked at him incredulously.
"Girl be so for real," he raised his eyebrows as I grabbed a pillow to scream into.

"This is my second day here, how the fuck have I managed this?"
He shrugged, "Dunno. 'Specially since I got all the good genes."
I threw the pillow at him as he laughed and ran back over to the door.
"Just have a think and maybe be more careful when you talk to them because they all think they have a chance and I'm sick of hearing about it."
He closed the door behind him, leaving me to overthink it all and not get any sleep.

——

"Ayodele?" Someone was repeatedly knocking on my door, making me groan and cover my ears. I had only just managed to drift off.
The door opened hesitantly and I heard a laugh.
"Dele it's two o'clock."

"Does it look like I give a fuck?" I mumbled, turning my head to be faced with Marcus leaning on the doorframe causing me to smile, "Hey."
He laughed at my mood change, "Hey, how'd you sleep?"
"Shit," I rubbed my eyes, sitting up against the headboard.

He shook his head, fighting a smile at my bluntness before returning more serious, "Have you smoked again?"
"No," I looked at him confused, "Why?"
"Just checking you're doing alright, that's all. Not accusing you of nothing," he smiled, "You gonna get up?"
I groaned, "Whyyy?"
"So you can stop being antisocial and hang out with your friends," he laughed.
I raised an eyebrow, "With my friends?"
He nodded nervously, "Yeah. I mean, I'd consider you my mate and so would Jesse, Jadon and Jude."

I smiled, "Hmm."
"Hmm what?" he laughed, watching as my dimples became visible.
"Nothing, nothing. You guys are just very lucky."
He rolled his eyes before standing up properly without the support of the doorframe, "I'll give you time to get ready but I think the boys wanted to mess about outside."

"I'm not crashing your guys' hang out," I shook my head frantically.
"Stop panicking, we want you down there," he said, laughing, "Now hurry up and get your arse out of bed."
"Sorry dad," I rolled my eyes and heard his laughter after he shut my door.