twenty-nine

I beat Alejandro as expected and left the two boys to mess about whilst I made myself a tea before we had to leave. Lara still wasn't about as she went from her friend's, straight to a night shift.

I set up three mugs, sitting on the island as I waited for the kettle to boil.
"Dele," Jayden's voice started, making me groan.
"I know this is your house and that but like urgh, why are you here?"
He laughed, ignoring my annoyance, "Make me one too."
"No."

He sighed, smile still there though, as he stood in the gap between me on the island and the counter with the cups on. He reached for another mug, placing it next to all of ours and placing a tea bag in it before turning around and leaning on the counter to face me.
"So..."

"I'll finish your tea if you leave," I interrupted, not interested in the small talk.
He laughed, "You're a joker."
"No like I'm being serious, go play a game with Jandro or something and I'll do this."
"Why do you actually hate me so much?"

I practically spat as I laughed, having to recompose myself before talking, "Because you're the definition of a dickhead?"
"But I'm not even man, you-"
"Jayden don't start."
He folded his arms over his chest, eyes still staring at me, "Whatever."

"I get I'm beautiful and that but look at something else," I joked, being sarky in hopes he'd get the hint and fuck off.
He laughed, "But why would I want to look at anything else?"
"Aryan! You're making the teas!" I shouted so he'd hear me from the other room.

———

"For fucks sake!" The curly head threw his controller as I beat him for the seventh time, grin evident on my face as I watched him flip out, "You're cheating somehow, there's no way!"

"How am I cheating?" I cracked up, "Just admit you're shit bro."
"But I'm not!" he crossed his arms, sulking as he leant back into the sofa and Alejandro caught my eye, the pair of us trying not to laugh at him.

"It's okay at least-" The doorbell rang as we failed at trying to console the younger boy, instead laughing straight in his face.
"Fuck you guys," he mumbled, going to open the front door.

"Oh my fucking God. Ayodele!" he started shouting, Balde's face was written with panic as he jumped up, whilst I simply rolled my eyes, already knowing he was just fangirling.

I followed the Spanish teen into the hallway, where Aryan was rambling on and on to Jadon and Raheem whilst Jude did his shoelace, smiling to himself.

"Well done on the game Raz, I didn't get a chance to talk to you before I left," I spoke over Aryan to save him from himself.
"Thanks," he grinned, "You mind if I use your bathroom before we go?"
He looked in between Alejandro and Aryan, unsure on who's house it was.
Jandro nodded frantically, "Of course! Upstairs on your left."

The boys walked back toward the living room with Sanch close behind them. I moved out their way before joining my boyfriend on the step to the front door, leaning on his shoulder as he finished the other lace.

He put an arm around me, kissing my forehead, "Everything good?"
"Yeah," I tried not to cheese too hard as I admired him slyly, "Everything good with you?"

He nodded, smiling and looking me over too, "You look beautiful."
"I look the same since after the game, if not worse. All my makeup's coming off," I laughed.
"You're beautiful with or without makeup, you don't even need it man," he shook his head as I hid my smile by getting up, putting out a hand to pull him to his feet with much struggle.

We joined the guys in the living room, watching as Aryan played Jadon on FiFA, stood close to the TV and screaming every few seconds. This boy.

Sanch was laughing as he sat leant forwards on the sofa, both hands gripping the controller as he added to Aryan's losing streak of the night.