nine

It was two nil. Alejandro and I were on a team with four others: James, Josh, Harry and Ben. None of us ever practiced at goalie but Ben took the job on, seeing as he was best at defending and down there most of the time anyway. Josh and Harry were more focused on playing midfield whilst Alejandro, James and I stayed up front. James was yet to score a goal.

The other team consisted of Aryan (the curly head who spoke up earlier), Charlie, Daniel, Mustafa, Dylan and Kareem. Aryan and Charlie focused on defense; Daniel, Mustafa and Dylan on midfield; and Kareem up front.

Both teams were solid but even with more players on defence, they lacked it as Alejandro and I easily dribbled our way around them.

The opposing team had the ball, Mustafa passing it to Kareem who shot it back to Dylan quickly. Alejandro gave me a look and so we both jogged forwards, putting pressure on the ball as they failed moving it up the pitch.

I lunged with my left foot, intercepting the pass from Dylan to Kareem and juggled it to my right foot so I could drive down Dylan's right side, towards the goal.

I heard a few shouts of encouragement from Josh and Harry as I cleared a space, ready to shoot. I saw James to my left and passed it to him instead, letting him have a chance at goal seeing as Alejandro and I had already scored.

That proved to be a mistake as he tried to cross Aryan, failing as he let his cockiness get in the way and the ball was no longer ours. I groaned, running backwards and putting pressure on it straight away, blocking Aryan from being able to pass anywhere.

"For fucks sake," he said, exasperated but smiling anyway, "I've known you ten minutes and you already piss me off."
I laughed, "Don't hate, just admire."

He rolled his eyes, not paying attention as I nutmegged him then ran around his left side to retrieve the ball, having another chance at goal.

"Ayodele!" James shouted, indicating for me to pass to him. I debated it and then realised how it went down last time, causing me to pass to Alejandro on my right, run past Charlie and receive the ball again before booting it into the back of the net.

My team shouted their well dones as I jogged over to where I had left my phone and jumper, checking the time. 13:26.
"Guys I gotta get going," I shouted, causing a few to groan.
"Why? The games gonna be dead now!" Aryan said, throwing his hands in the air and causing me to laugh.
"Yeah for real. We're gonna have to count on James to score now," Harry grimaced, rolling his eyes.

"Sorry I got things to do innit. Alejandro!" I pulled him out of his conversation with Ben and he walked over, looking confused.
"Are we having a break?" he asked.
I shook my head, "I gotta get going. What's your number though?"
He smiled as Aryan shook his shoulders, "She wants your number bro! You've done rizzed her up good!"

"Shut up," I pushed him away from us and handed Alejandro my phone, watching as he typed in his number, still grinning.
I put it back in my pocket, picking up my jacket, "So we can stay in touch yeah? Let me know if Jayden's being more of a dick than usual. Carry on playing with these guys and try get one of their socials so you can play with them another time, then you'll have an excuse to get out the house and possibly a friend group, yeah?"
He nodded, "Thank you."

"It's nothing. Have fun. Don't let the side down, we better win!" I teased, starting to walk away.
"Wait! Ayodele!" I turned around to be faced with Aryan, "Maybe you want my number so I can give you the truthful end score. Obviously he'll lie."
"Boy," I messed up his hair, pushing him away from me as I cracked up, as did his friends.

"Nah I'm joking. Just add my instagram, ayodele.saka."
"Saka?" his eyes bulged out his head as I heard Alejandro laugh, watching our interaction.
"See you guys!" I shouted, jogging off towards the car park to call an uber.