twenty-one

Jude and I were sat on my bed, Frank Ocean playing quietly from my laptop beside us as I laid on top of him, head on his chest, his arms around me and holding his phone where we could both see it as he scrolled through instagram.

Most of it was football stuff and random pictures of his old friends until we reached a photo of an older couple, both grinning at the camera.
I smiled, "Are those your parents?"
"Yeah," I looked up at him to see his eyes full of love, how they always were when he talked about his family.

"Your mum's pretty."
He looked down at me cheekily, "She said the same about you."
My jaw dropped, "You actually need to stop. Or at least tell me when you tell her stuff. This is actually too scary."

He laughed, stroking my hair and no longer paying much attention to the phone, "I haven't told her anything bad yet, don't worry."
"Because there's nothing bad to say," I rolled my eyes playfully as he gave me a look, making me shrug and suppress a laugh, "Yeah alright, fair enough."
"I'm just messing with you, you're perfect," he said, causing me to groan.
"Shut up man."

"Am I not allowed to compliment you or something?" he laughed.
"Yes, that's exactly it."
He shook his head, "You're an idiot."
"See that's more like it!" I laughed loudly as he held his own back, refusing to agree but failing as I saw him start to crack.

"If someone was to ask you out," he started, making my eyebrows go up and him start to panic, "Hypothetically Ayodele, don't get excited. How would you want it done?"
"Shut up," I laughed, "And I don't know. Not like you're asking me to marry you just do it whenever."
He nodded, smiling widely but trying not to, "Nice, nice."

"You're so cute man," I squeezed his cheek, causing him to groan and push my hand away as I laughed, returning my eyes to the ceiling as I laid onto his chest again.

"So, hypothetically speaking remember, what are your favourite flowers or something?"
"I don't need flowers, where would I put them?" I laughed, gesturing to the little hotel room I was in.
He laughed with me, "Okay fair enough. But for future reference. Hypothetically though."

"Stop with the hypothetically, you're hurting my head repeating that," I complained as I felt his chest rise with his laughter, "And you can worry about that if I say yes. Because, hypothetically speaking, you never know."
He rolled his eyes, "Shut up."

"What?"
He stared at me unimpressed as I continued to act confused and hold back my laughs, "Fine then. Ayodele, will you be my girlfriend?"

I started laughing, covering my face with my hands as tears started to drip down my face whilst I practically wet myself at the awkwardness of the whole situation.
"Nah you're actually peak," he turned his head away from me due to not being able to actually move since I was laying on top of him.
"I'm joking I just-" I continued to wheeze, trying to catch my breath as he looked at me deadpan, probably already completely done with my shit.

"Alright, alright," I recomposed myself, "It's not funny I just didn't realise you'd actually phrase it like that."
"How else was I meant to say it? Can I be your boyfriend?"
I started laughing again as he threw his hands in the air in defeat, trying to hold back his grin as he simply just listened to me laugh again for the next five minutes.

"Okay no, I'm sorry. Yeah, you were literally my boyfriend anyway," I smirked cheekily as he raised his eyebrow.
"Well someone didn't want to admit to that, did they?"
"Nope," I popped the p as he rolled his eyes playfully but tightened his grip around me, planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Are we gonna tell the boys?"
I shook my head, "Let's see who notices first."
He laughed, "You're so evil, why can't we just tell them?"
"How the fuck is that evil?"
"Keeping secrets?" he shook his head solemnly, letting out a sharp breath, "Just not acceptable Dele."