forty-six

a/n: pretend security at the airport doesn't exist idk, i want her to be there right up until he has to leave the gate and get on the plane xoxo

———

"Ayodele," Jude shook her lightly, propped up on his side next to her, "We gotta get ready darling."
She groaned, embracing him whilst still being half asleep, "Miss your flight and stay."

He laughed, breaking free from her grip and standing to his feet, holding her hands to pull her up too, "I'd just get booked onto the next one otherwise I would, trust."

Her alarm then went off, displaying the time of 05:30, and finally making her wipe her eyes and stretch before turning it off.
"I've still gotta clear some stuff from my room, I'll be back in a bit," he kissed her forehead, getting a nod in response before exiting the room.

-

An hour later and the pair were ready, Jude's belongings all piled up in the boot of an uber as they set off towards the airport, a heavy silence over them, bar the radio playing quietly.

"It had to happen sooner or later," he spoke, more trying to convince himself.
"Yeah," she agreed dryly.
"And I'll be back and forth anyway. Here for a few weeks around Christmas, them flights are booked already."
"Yeah."

"And either way we've got phones, we'll still talk all the time."
"Maybe we shouldn't."
He was silent for a second, "What do you mean?"
"We're leaving as friends right? If I'm texting you all the time I won't ever get over it."
"But we'll still talk a bit yeah?" She nodded, avoiding eye contact as he sighed, "I hate this."

"Like you said, it had to happen. Is what it is," she shrugged, forcing a smile, "Just happy we had each other for the time we did."
He smiled, pulling her into him, "Mhm. Forever grateful for that."

-

They arrived at the airport, two suitcases and a rucksack being carried by Jude who refused to let Ayodele help him.
"I'm good, honestly. Come on," he beckoned her to follow as she rolled her eyes laughing.
"You're so stubborn it's crazy."
"Wonder who I learnt that off," he grinned as she shoved him lightly.

"When we're actually saying goodbye your whole family's gonna be there," she thought out loud as they continued walking through the building.
"Yeah?"
"That's awkward, you'll be getting a pat on the back."
He laughed, "I'm getting a kiss, they don't care."
She groaned, "I care, I can't do that."

"We'll say goodbye whilst they're saying it to my mum, it's cool. Stop stressing," he laughed at her again, finally making her accept it.
"What if I start supporting Bayern once you leave?" she carried on waffling, causing him to stop in his tracks.
"You'll be dead."

She laughed, resuming walking with him following, "So scary Judas."
He tried not to smile as they joined the queue for the baggage drop, "Dead to me I meant."
"No!" she put a hand on her heart, before bursting out laughing, Jude soon following.
"You're mocking it."

"I'm joking, I'm joking."
"You gonna watch my games?"
"You gonna fly me out?"

"You could come with me right now if you wanted to and you know that."
"Gotta get my money up first."
"Yeah, yeah."
"But you will be getting stalked don't worry," she said, making him laugh.
"Stalked yeah?"
"Mhm. Every game, every interview so make sure you watch what you're saying," she warned, a finger in his face.
He pushed her hand away from him, still laughing, "Aw shit so I can't start complaining about you to sky sports?"

She gave him a look.
"Are you sure? That's the typa juicy stuff the people want, not anything about actual football."
"You're not funny."
"You just know I am."