thirty-three

Tw: violence etc
No POV:

Ayodele ran with her keys in her right hand, using her left to yank the door to the tower block open. She could hear the commotion happening upstairs; deep voices shouting and hesitant footsteps going back and forth.

"I had to climb six fucking flights of stairs 'cause you brokies don't have a working fucking lift! You ain't chasing me down them. Come on, you're a big man ain't you? Waving a shank about but I ain't moving so come do suttin about it!" Fadi's voice spoke, filling the girl with panic as she thought about what to do.

"You man are asking to get killed you know that?" Jayden laughed but she knew him. She knew the tone he was using and even with all his boys he was bottling it.

"We ain't hearing nothing but talk g," Kian laughed right back at him, "Just staring at us bruv, gonna go in for a kiss or scrap us? Make up your mind, ain't got all day."

She tried not to laugh at her friend's comment, instead pulling out his phone and seeing a message from his boys saying they were only a minute away, a minute ago. She silently thanked the lord, tiptoeing back over to the door and opening it, seeing a black bmw swing round the corner and eight lads jump out.

This was one hundred percent about to get ugly.

"You Ayodele?" A darkskin boy a few years older than her asked her.
She nodded, "Fadi and Kian are upstairs. I don't know how many of them are up there but one of them has a shank. I dunno if it's all worth it man, we just needed Jayden on his own but he's with bare people."

"It's calm, don't stress it. Shit like this happens all the time. This ain't about the your brothers no more, it's about respect. They ain't thinking they're better than us, thinking they can chase our boys outta there. We got this, sit back in the car and look pretty babe," he flashed her a smirk, to which she responded with a roll of the eyes. As bad as she wanted to argue, her friends needed help and she weren't gonna waste any time.

She watched with her arms folded as the boys filed in quietly, a few of them clutching their pockets, making her gulp. She didn't mean for it to get like this but somehow she had stirred this up to make it even bigger than it already was. She had thrown herself back into the life she fought so hard to get out of.

Fadi was meant to go upstairs, listen out for how many people he thought were up there and then come back down. If there was a motive or get together like this then they would've put it off for a bit longer. But obviously the teen had a hard time keeping his mouth shut and tried to move to one of the girls entering the apartment. That girl then told her boyfriend, Josh, and you know the rest.

So she was only partially to blame but that wouldn't stop her knee from bouncing as she sat on the wall surrounding the car park, waiting for her friends to come back out.

Five minutes had passed now and whilst that doesn't seem like a long time, imagine yourself sitting in silence for one, two, three, four, five seconds and times it by sixty. Not to mention the anxiety of wondering whether her friends were about to come out alive and whether this was all her fault or not.

She wanted so badly to go inside, throw a few punches when needed and drag the two boys out but she knew she couldn't. If she even managed to do that without getting hurt, the boys would go mental as they have obviously so much to prove, they couldn't walk away from the fight and look like pussies, no way.

She brought her phone out her pocket, holding it with shaky hands as she called her boyfriend.
"Hey darlin, how's it going? All sorted?"
She tried to keep her voice steady, refusing to be a baby and cry about it, "Jude I've messed up. Like really bad."
"What's happened?" his voice got more serious as he stood up from his seat in the social area, leaving the team to talk to her in the hallway instead.