twenty-six

Two days had passed and we were in the stadium, fifty minutes away from the start of the first match of the Euros for England.

Bukayo had managed to get me a lanyard that meant I was allowed in the area by the changing rooms and the tunnel and so I was waiting for the boys to be finished getting into their kits. They were all nervous and taking their time.

Jude was the first to exit, wiping his hands on his shorts and looking around for me, relaxing when he saw where I was.
"You're gonna be fine, don't worry," I pulled him in for a hug and he rubbed my back, nodding almost as if he was trying to convince himself.

"Everyone's panicking," he laughed nervously, explaining why he was the only one out here.
"You guys need to warm up and stuff, Southgate's waiting. He won't be happy."
"I know, I know."
I gave him a kiss, pulling away laughing as he tried to deepen it, "Stop being thirsty and tell them to get off their arses."

He didn't answer, instead gave me a sly smile as he went back inside and I soon heard shouting as they all rallied each other up.
Henderson, Shaw, Mount, Foden, Madison, James and Grealish came out first. Raheem and Jadon leaving just after but stopping to talk to me.

"Good luck kiss nah?" Jadon smirked, causing me to roll my eyes.
"In your dreams."
Sterling shoved him along, laughing, "You're a dickhead."
"Nah I'm only joking," he shrugged himself out of Raz's grip and walked back over, leaving him to walk onto the pitch alone.

He put an arm over my shoulder, putting me in a headlock until I elbowed his stomach, making him groan in pain, "We've got a game and you're about to kill me!"
"Deserved," I laughed loudly, "Nah but good luck and that. I'm gonna have to go to my seat once you're all out there so I won't see you lot until after."

He gave me a proper side hug- this time without the abuse, "Thanks, gonna need it for real."
"You'll be fine, you got this," I laughed before ushering him out the corridor.

A few more of the boys went until it must've just been Rashford, Lingard, Bellingham and my brother.
I knocked hesitantly on their changing room door, "It's Ayodele! Are you all decent?"
I heard their laughter and Jude shouting for me to come in and so I opened the door, seeing them all sat on the benches, the three of them chatting away whilst Bukayo stayed quiet.

"Mother's meeting or something? Get out there," I rolled my eyes, watching the two best friends start to play rock paper scissors, "You're actually so unserious."
"I've got faith Dele," Jesse kissed his fingers before holding them up in the air, making me laugh.
"Whatever you say. Good luck."
"Thanks sista, in a bit," the eldest went to leave the room, shouting for Marc to hurry up, "Beans come on."

"Your seats all sorted yeah?" Marcus spoke, ignoring Jesse's complaints.
I nodded, "I'm calm, don't worry. Good luck."
He pulled me in for a quick hug before running to catch up with Lingard, leaving only Jude, Bukayo and I left.

"Kayo, you alright?" I asked, starting to get concerned as he stayed sat still with Jude sat awkwardly beside him, trying to encourage him.
"I'm fine. I just-" he paused before running over to the bathrooms in the left of the changing room, going inside a cubicle and we could soon hear him throwing up. I winced, the sound making me feel sick as well.

"Jude I'll stay with him, you need to go it's been ages," I said, not wanting him to get in trouble.
His worried eyes lingered on my brother sat on the floor next to the toilet before looking over at me, "Are you sure? I'm fine with waiting with him."

"No go. I'll see you after," I smiled at him and he got up off of the bench, pulling me into a hug and balancing his chin on my head.
"Alright, thank you. Meet us by this exit yeah?"
I nodded and he gave me a quick kiss along with a sly smile, "I love you."