fourty-one

Ayodele POV:
"Kiannn," I complained as he had been on the phone to one of his boys for the last fifteen minutes.
"What?" he pulled the burner away from his ear in annoyance.
"I'm bored."
"Go get some water and come back out here. Jude should be here soon."

I smiled at the mention of my boyfriend before getting up and heading back inside.
The music was blasting, making my head thump as I shuffled my way through people to get to the kitchen. Cups were strewn over the countertops, more than one spillage accompanying them; making me groan and awkwardly reach around it all for a fresh cup, holding it under the tap.

"I thought you man cut," I heard Fadi's voice from behind me, soon feeling his hands on my waist.
I moved out of his grip, "I'm leaving now, just getting water."
"Where's Kian?"
"Outside. Waiting for me," I quickly added after smelling the alcohol on his breath.

"You've got at least five minutes then," he smirked suggestively, looking towards the staircase.
"Nah. I don't. Look, I'm sorry for earlier. I was upset and I weren't thinking straight and the shots didn't help that," I laughed awkwardly, "But I'm not for it."
"You're not for it?"
"I don't wanna be doing nothing like that with you Fadi."
"Why you lying for?"

He was growing annoyed, his expression clearly showing that as he stayed blocking my path out the room.
"Move," I tried to keep my voice steady and not let myself get wound up by his antics, "Fadi."
"You're a right bitch sometimes you know that?"

Before I knew it my fist was colliding with the side of his face, not nearly as hard as I hoped but his own drunken state slowing his reaction as he stood still for a few seconds, giving me the opportunity to clamber past him.

"Ayodele!" I heard him call after me but I didn't turn around, heading straight down the hallway and outside, jogging over to Kian.
"We gotta go, like now."
"Jude's probably only round the corner. What's up? You alright?" he looked at me concerned waiting for an answer but Fadi interrupting us both as he shouted from the driveway.

"Fucking slag bruv! You're lucky-"
"Fucking-"
"Watch your mouth," Kian put a hand over mine to stop me from entertaining the argument and directing his comment to his boy.
"Nah she's-"
"Fadi I said watch your mouth. I ain't hearing all that."

"She punched me!"
"Ayodele," he turned to me amused, "Fucking hell. You're fucked you know that?"
"If he was gonna do something he would've by now," I shrugged, making sure I spoke loud enough for him to hear.

He marched towards us, Kian meeting him halfway and pushing him back towards the house just as Jadon's audi pulled up. Jude jumped out, handing me his jacket almost immediately as I had been stood out in the cold only in my dress for way too long.

"Are you okay?" he held me at arms length, looking me over.
"Yeah I-"
"You're a fucking sl-" Fadi continued to shout, his sentence going muffled as Kian covered his mouth and sent us an apologetic glance.
"What's that about?" Jude kept his eyes on them as he asked me, jaw clenched.

"It's not deep let's just go."
"A fucking slag mate! No wonder your parents hate you! Just a-"
"Get in the car," Jude held the door, pushing me inside before I could argue and slamming the door after me.

I went to open the door just as Sancho put child lock on.
"You're a prick."
"Let him sort it, chill."
"I can sort my own shit out."
"Looks like it," he snorted, tying the drawstrings on his joggers and keeping an eye on the three of them.

"What are you doing?" I asked unimpressed.
"Ready to back it if he needs it innit? Gotta let him do his thing for as long as he can first."
"It's not deep just tell him to get back in the car, Fadi's drunk he'll be apologising tomorrow."