CHAPTER THREE

"Marriage is not easy and it has never been but still we try to make it work because we made a vow mntanam(my child). Yes I know men sometimes are unbearable and awful,they are very hard to tolerate but at the end of the day they are men. They think with their dicks and yes I said it mntanam but at the end of the day we promised to stick by them and be with them through all their nonsense. Its important to protect your marriage through everything mntanam"

I wiped the new wave of tears streaming down my face looking at my mother in law. As always Kumkani went running to her mother and just like that she was on our doorstep early in the morning the following day to deal with his mess. She begged me to get out of my room, take a relaxing shower and eat some food for strength and after that she sat me down and lectured me on what makes a great marriage.

"Ma so you saying I must look past Kumkani's actions?"

"No mntanami I'm saying you should stand by him in public and make sure he feels it in private. Show the world you are united but don't make the mistake of letting him get away with what he did"she corrects holding my hand.

"So I must protect his image that he ruined?"

"You are not only protecting his image you are protecting hour image and your marriage. Do you want to be seen as a poor woman who got cheated on and failed on keeping his man?"

I shake my head.

"Exactly"

I exhale. "Its fine ma you are actually right,you can call the publicist to make an announcement for a press release"

"Consider it done"

"Excuse me" I stood up making my way to my room. I got to my bedroom and called my stylist.

"Kelvin"

"Yondela sweethea-

"Listen I don't need your sympathy I need your assistance. I need you to get me an outfit as soon as possible and I mean it must be here in less than an hour. A two piece pant suit to be exact"

"A suit? Girl I never ever saw you wearing pants before please don't tell me this is a way of saying you getting divorced"

"Make sure the suit is black"

"Yes ma'am"

I dropped the call and made my way to take a shower to refresh myself. I did my face putting on a face mask cause the girl is looking puffy.

After pilling off my mask I got started with my make-up. When it comes to make up I believe I am the only one who can get it right Cause I always hate my facebeat when someone else does it so I took it up on me to learn on my free time and learnt to perfect it.

As soon as I was finishing with my make-up I heard a knock and the door opened, Ma and Kelvin walked in with Kelvin holding a suitcase in his hand. He placed it on the bed.

"Kumkani said he will be here in an hour,please make sure you will be done by then" ma says before walking out. I rolled my eyes as I finished up with my make up. I went for smokey eyes and nude hombre lipstick type of look.

"You'd swear we going to a summit or a business seminar"Kelvin says looking at my reflection on the vanity mirror.

"As you always say : even on your worst day, never look your worst"

He chuckles. "Infact look your best to confuse the enemy"he finishes off he's saying. 

"And that's exactly what I'm doing"

"You do look good but I'm not the enemy so tell me how are you feeling?" He says sitting on the couch next to my bed.

"Stupid,betrayed,blind sided,dumbfounded I mean do you want me to carry on?"I ask blending in my hombre lip combo.