CHAPTER 7

"Siyabonga mamCethe omuhle ngokusamkela emzini wakho ngezandla ezifudumele ( Thank you Mamcethe for welcoming us into home)" the middle aged man with a bald head and a mixed trey and black well trimmed beard says looking at my mom infact the only thing he has been doing ever since he got here was rizzle her up.

My mom just blankly looked at them as they sat alongside one another nervously.

Mazwi and his two uncles rocked up on our door step along side with my mothers brother, uncle Vusumzi claiming that they are here to make peace between Kumkani and I. The funny part is they say they are here to make peace but ever since they got here they did nothing but paint Mazwi as the victim in this whole situation and my uncle who was supposed to be on my side is indirectly on their side.

"Izenzo zakhe uMazwi ziyandicika nje ngoba naye uyazi njengoba ehleli la ukuthi  angahamba izwe lonke jikelele kodwa angekhe ahlangane nentombi eqotho njengo makoti, angeke ibekho enye intombi ezomhlonipha, imthande futhi imelane nemikhuba yakhe njengo makoti, lelo liqiniso elimhlophe nje. (Mazwis actions annoy me becuase he knows that he could go around the world and find women but he will never find a good women like our daughter in law,there will never be a woman that will love, respect and stand for his nonsense like our daughter in law and that's the honest truth)" the other uncle says.

"Andizoxoka nam undiphoxile usbali ngoba kaloku ngolasuku sasqibelana ubonana wandithembisa wathi uzomophatha kakuhle umtchana lo wam kengoku ke ndiyothuka ngoku xandizobona kwama phepha ndaba ba uphazamile...kodwa ke okwenzekile kuyafana nokudaliwe, asinobe sijongene nezinto ezenzekileyo into ezosinceda ngoku kujonga phambili senze uxolo kwaze lento yenzekileyo ingaphindi yenzeke. (I wont lie our son in law disappointed me because the last time we saw each other he promised me that he will take good care of my niece so I was shocked when I found out on newspapers that he got himself in a situation...but then whats done is done and there is no point on dwelling on the past, the only thing that will help us now is to try to fix things and find a way to prevent what happened from happening again)" uncle Vusumuzi says squashing his cap as he want on.

My mother scoffed as she sat  up straight from the couch. "Hayi ndiyaniva niyathetha nonke niyadwaba kumnandi, kodwa ke into endixakayo yileyoba lomntu wenze impazamo andikamva ekupha nelecent ilizwi, nakuya  umntanam uhleli pha intliziyo yakhe lihlwili kulendawo ahleli kuyo kodwa lomntu uthi uzocela uxolo akhange awuvule nowuvula umlomo kanti madoda nizothini apha? (No, I heard all of your speeches but what confuses is me is the fact that the person who made the mistake is sitting there and hasn't said even a single word,there is my daughter sitting over there with her heart in pieces but the person who you are saying is here to ask for forgiveness hasn't even uttered a word so gentlemen tell me what are you actually doing here?"

Mazwi cleared his throat as he nervously ran his hands down his lap. "No ma uqinsile kuko konke okushoyo, bengsacela ngoku  qala ngixolisa la Kuwe ma ngezenzo zam ,ibingeyona ngempela intloso yam ukuziswa indodakazi yakho ubuhlungu futhi ngiyazi ukuthi kuzothatha isikhathi ukuthi ungethembe kodwa ngoyaxolisa impela. (No ma you are right, I would firstly like to apologize to you for my actions, it was never my intention to hurt your daughter and I know it will take time for you to trust me again but I'm really sorry)".

He turned to face my way.  "MaGumede omuhle bengisacele ungibheke sthandwa sam. (MaGumede please look at me)"

I looked up at him,keeping a straight face. He stood up and came to kneel with one leg in front of me.

"MaGumede ngiyaxolisa ngakho konke engikwenzile. Ntsuku zonke ngiyazisola ngezenzo zam, I'm suffering without you and these past days without you have been nothing but a nightmare, I wanted to give you more time and space so that you can calm down and have your space but that house is not a home without you...please come back home with me and let us fix things,sthandwa sam ngigenza noba yhini ukuthi ubuyele ekhaya kimi...ngiyakukhumbula maGumede,ngiyakucela buyela ekhaya"