CHAPTER 6

YONDELA'S POV

I regret telling my mom that I would go to town to get a few things to prepare the lunch I promised Phiko cause she took that as an opportunity to spend my money.

The moment we got to the mall she didn't even hesitate, when I tell you she went to every shop in that mall I mean she went inside every shop in that mall and everything she saw was nice she took, she basically bought everything she wanted but paid for nothing, but spending time with her alone was so nice I didn't even mind. She finally got done and I also bought a few stuff that I needed  then we headed back home.

The moment we got home I decided to change into something comfortable and casual and decided on my body hugging dress that went just below the knees in length pairing it with my LV slippers.

As I went to the main house to  get started with cooking I received a notification that Phikolomozi sent a DM on Facebook saying he will be here at 14:30pm meaning I had a 1hr30min to cook this lunch. Aviwe offered to assist while Yamkela and Yandiswa avoided to even look at me. So much for having sisters.

We got started preparing grilled beef and sausage with mash potato,Greek salad,chakalaka and garlic bread. I got started with the chakalaka while Aviwe seasoned the meat.

Aviwe's phone rings and she checks it before ignoring it. I looked at her furrowing my eyebrows.  "And then?"

"That was my dad"

"Why aren't you answering?"

"Well he is getting married next week Saturday as you might know and he really wants me to be there but you know...I don't want to betray mom so I'm avoiding him"

I sigh stopping what I'm doing. You see this is what I hate about divorce,it always leaves the kids stuck in the middle with having to choose between the two most important people in their lives. I mean if people could just co-parent and save their kids the anxiety and stress then life would be easier for everyone.

I sigh dropping the knife in my hand. "Listen Aviwe I understand you trying to protect your mom and its okay I would also feel the same way but still its your father and its one of the most important moments of his life and I'm sure the one thing he really wants right now is his daughter to be there with him on that day. Did you stop and think how will he feel if you dont show up on one of the most important days of his life?"

She groans facing up. "You making this harder for me makazi(auntie)"

"I'm sorry love but you really should reconsider your decision and I know Yandiswa might be mad for a day or two or maybe three but eventually she will get over it but as for your dad I mean it will take time for him to forget that his first born and his only daughter never showed up for his wedding"

"You right...can you talk to her for me,you know how she is"

I shook my head.  "Id do it but you know the relationship I have with your mom so I doubt that I could get through her but I can talk to my mom and she can talk to her"

"Fine I can take that"

"Now lets finish up we running out of time"I reminded as both proceeded with what we were doing.

Yamkela notified us that our guest was outside as we finished up and I made my way to welcome him while Aviwe finished up.

He parked his car outside the yard and I took a video of him as he walked in through the gate carrying a bouquet of white roses and a bottle of champagne.

"Mamgwevu"he greeted.

"Hey you" I embraced him with a hug and he handed me the flowers and champagne.