CHAPTER 22

I kept glancing at mama as I stood behind the couch Yamkela is sitted on. Luckily Mazwi drove off after threatening to kill me and my little boyfriend and guess what my mother and former mother in law didn't say or do anything about that the only thing they did was look at me like I committed the worst sin in the world. I don't even care about Mazwi or how he feels my only stress right now is my mom cause the look she gave me totally crushed me. I felt like the little girl who was always the disappointment in her eyes once again.

"mna ndiyiphumile into edibene no Yolanda, akhonto endinophinda ndiyithethe ngoba kaloku mna zange ndikhulise iwhule. Undiphoxile mntanam unjanjoku akhonto ngoku endinophinda ndiyithethe kuwe (I'm done with Yolanda, there is nothing that I can say to her because I for one know I didn't raise a slut. I'm very disappointed and as a matter of fact there is nothing that I will ever say to her again) " mama says looking at Mazwis mother.

I bowed my head, playing with my hands as tears threatened my eyes. "it's not what it seemed like"

"Then explain to us what it is cause we witnessed you coming out a man's car in the morning meaning you didn't sleep at home and not only that you were actually hugging the man so as a married woman please explain to us what exactly happened out there" Mazwis mother asks with frustration in her voice. I wonder why is she angry cause if it was her son it wouldn't be that much of a big deal.

"There is nothing happening between that man and me and even if there was Mazwi and I are separat-

" Yolanda uncame umtchato wakho nayo yonke into ngenxayuba ufuna uwhula uhle usenyuka namadoda ahluka hlukeneyo? Yiyo lento ushiye umzi wakho wazohlala kobububanxa ufuna uhamba ulalwa emvakwento ezingaka uMazwi ekwenzele Zona, sies (Yolanda you gave up on your marriage and everything else just because you want to sleep around with different men? After everything that Mazwi has done for you) " mama says and I looked up at her in shock.

" mama what did Mazwi do for me besides hurting me over and over and over again? Is it the money cause I can assure you I played my part in making sure that he has everything he needs to build his legacy. I helped him through everything but that just wasn't enough. Mazwi and I have separated so who I sleep with shouldn't be an issue to anyone and if someone had told me that you guys were coming then that whole situation would've been avoided. I'm tired of being blamed for everything going wrong when Mazwi impregnated a whole teenager and allowed the same teenager to disrespect me and my home. What I did to Maziw is nothing compared to what he did to me"

"so now since you've both cheated and you got what you wanted, you settled the score and you both hurted each other it's time for the both of you to grow up and fix your marriage without us having to interfere and push you both to fix things" Mazwis mother says and by the look on her face she is serious.

"Ma did you just say now that I settled the score and get what I wanted? Cause if we settling score then I might as well go back and sleep with Nkosi so that I can get pregnant and on top of that do a sex tape to post on social media then we can say I settled my score. No if we settling scores then I need to do it right just like how your son did it. Yall are busy making me the villain when your son is the one who started this whole thing Yhuu hayi I'm tired and I don't want to talk about this anymore" I stood up making my way to the bedroom. I'm so emotionally exhausted from defending myself and constantly carrying the burden that I didn't cause.

The only thing I need right now is a long, steaming shower and some good food not the nonsense happening in the lounge. I hope they take the message and leave me alone and yazi that whole situation with Nksoi maybe was a blessing in disguise cause now that the worst has happened I can finally be free to be wherever I want and talk to whoever I want and whenever I want.