CHAPTER 21

Yamkela eventually joined our cocktail party in the evening, it was now past 10:00pm but the vibes were too nice to leave. The event had turned into a whole party with music playing and more people coming.

Dabawo and I are so wasted that we can't even hear ourselves talking. It's just vibes out here.

"I think it's time for some tequila shots" dabawo shouted and I yeyyed putting up my hands.

"dabawo don't you think you had more than enough to drink?" Yamkela asks.

Dabawo looked at her with her jaw dropped. "do you know how old am I? Yolanda how old am I?"

I laughed shaking my head. "what I'm sure off is you not a teenager"

"exactlyyy" she screams making me laugh. She is such a breeze of fresh air I've been laughing my heart out.

Her phone ringed and she answered looking annoyed.

"YOU DON'T WANT TO FETCH ME SO LEAVE ME ALONE AARON, I'LL FIND SOMEONE TO TAKE ME HOME CAUSE I TOLD YOU MINUTES AGO TO COME AND FETCH ME SO LEAVE ME ALONE I WILL FOUND A HUNK TO TAKE ME HOME" She shouts before dropping the call and laughing with her tongue out.

"Every chance you get stressor indoda ( stress a man)" she says powering off her phone and putting it in her handbag.

"but why?" I ask thinning my eyes.

"njee" she says shrugging and stood up to go and dance.

I also stood up to dance as Imithandazo by Kabza de small played. As I slowly moved jamming to the music I felt someone tapping my shoulder, I turned and was met by Nkosi looking so uptight in a suit, like at a party.

"hey, what are you doing here?" I ask widening my eyes.

"I'm here to have a good time what do you mean?"

"You look like you don't know what the hell a good time is, who comes to a party wearing a suit? You don't even have glass in your hand"

"okay fine you got me I'm not here to party I'm just here to support my friend, the host. I just came out of a long and draining meeting at work and I just wanted to show face and leave, I was actually on my way out"

"You are a boring as the suit you have on right now"

"I'm not boring"

"Then prove it, go get a drink from the bar and let's turn it up" I evinced.

"one glass?" he verified.

I lifted up my index finger. "just one"

"okay fine, wait for me here"

He left and came back a few minutes without his tie and blazer and with a glass of Rum drink in his hand.

I laughed at him as we slowly danced. I got tired of dancing and my feet started hurting so we went to sit down and talked over the most stupid things. Actually I was doing the talking and he was laughing at me, I don't know if he was lying at what I was saying or how I'm bumbling and smudging my words. I hate how my tongue becomes so heavy when I'm drunk I mean I butcher ever sentence I utter.

"I didn't know you were this talkative"

"wait in a good way or..." I raise my eyebrow looking at him.

"I'm still here listening so that should tell you in what way"

I chortle taking a sip from my drink.

"The last time we met I... I remember you saying something along the lines of you not being married anymore"

"and?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.