Chapter 8

As soon as we got home I made my way straight to the bedroom to prepare for a long shower. I  made my way to the bathroom to take my much needed relaxing shower and cry as much as I wanted to, to get this heaviness off my chest.

After a while I got out and found Mazwi laying a suitcase on our bed.

He unzipped it down and opened it revealing a red dress.

"Whats this?" I ask with my husky voice. This always happens when I really cry,my voice just decides to give up on me.

"I asked your stylist to get you a dress delivered for tonights event and this is what he sent, he said he knows your style and you'd love it so" he shrugs

"I'm not going to any event mna Mazwi,I am tired and I just want to sleep"

"No you are going my love, we are going to go to the event together and we are going to look like the happiest married couple in that building"he states before making his way to the bathroom.

I plumped myself on the bed facing up as tears welled up in my eyes. I don't know how much more I can take of all this, even being homeless feels much more better than this.

I got up to sit on the vanity chair and took out my makeup products to do my makeup. My eyes are all swollen and puffy so I have to perform some sort of miracle on this face. 

I got done with my face beat and styled up my hair. I got dressed in the red, strapless long elegent dress that was on the bed pairing it with my red Jimmy Choo high heels. I finished off my look with a silver 15 carat diamond necklace.

"Our ride will be here in 10 minutes" he notified as I fixed up my make up.

"I'm almost done"

"Waze wamuhle mkami( you look so beautiful my wife)"

I blankly looked at him through the mirror and rolled my eyes.

I got up and walked past him making my way to the kitchen to get myself something to snack on. I decided on some cookies and juice.

Our ride got here earlier and we both made our way out.

~~

The event was in one of the most luxurious and grand conference halls in the city hosted by one of the richest business tycoons.

I took a deep breath as our driver opened the door for us to step out on the red carpet. The journalist kept taking pictures and doing their best to get our attention so they can ask their stupid questions.

After striking a few posses for the cameras we walked in inside and as expected the room was flooded with the whose who and the prominents of the country.

Mazwi turned to face me, fixing my dress with a smile pasted on his face "you not drinking any alcohol tonight,we keeping it clean. Are we clear?"

"Crystal" I answer smiling.

Mr and Mrs Cloete approached us smiling. I exhaled and beamed into a smile as we turned to face their way.

"Mr and Mrs Gumede, thank you for honoring our invite and we hope you find everything pleasant" Mr Cloete, the host welcomes smiling with his wife smiling next to him.

"It is our pleasure, we wouldn't miss your always grand event for the world" Mazwi says as they both chuckled. I really don't get men.

"Well then have yourselves an amazing evening my good people" Mr Cloete concludes taking his wife's hand.

"We sure will" Mazwi assures.

The Cloetes walked on to welcome many more of their guests.

"Mazwi can we leave early here please, I'm really tired" I whispered looking at him.