CHAPTER 5

MZWI'S POV

Waking up without Yolanda next to me brought me back to the reality that I fucked up. I've done a lot of shit to her and she never left me but this time,this time I might have really fucked up everything.

I got up to open the curtains and made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and rinse my face before making my way downstairs to the kitchen. I found ma already preparing breakfast.

"Food is almost ready"

"I'm not hungry" I mention walking past her to the espresso machine to pour myself a cup of coffee.

She sighs turning to look at me.
"I think I have a plan on how we could get back Yondela"

I looked at her furrowing my eyebrows. "I get anxious every time you say you have a plan"

"Well I already made all the arrangements I just need you to say the word"

I looked at her hesitantly. "I'm listening"

"Listen it all sounds compliacted but trust me with the right people to the task its easy. Yolanda gets kidnapped,you save her and you make her realize that if she is out of your sight you cant protect her and you really want to protect her cause you love her,she feels safe around you and feels like you really care about her and will always be there to protect her then boom...she is right back in your arms"

"But wont that traumatize her,I mean being kidnapped is not just something someone can just move on from?"

"That's the point and you will be right there every step of the way trying to make her feel safe again and you will even suggest therapy for her and the moment she is okay which will be after a few weeks,she will feel like she owes you and there's no man that will love and protect her like you do in the world"she evinces.

"The last thing I would want to do is to put her through more pain then I've already did. I'm sorry ma but I cant allow that,I will talk to her and fix this my way"

"You failed to do that, I gave you an opportunity and you failed to fix your own mess. I dont know if you stupid or you dont want to use that big head of yours Mazwi cause you know the conditions to your fathers inheritance,if she divorces you everything will be taken away you do remember that right?"

I nod, exhaling. "Of course I do"

"Then act like you do. You busy drinking coffee and you not doing anything to show that you want her back,as always I must clean up after your mess and do everything for you cause you cant think for yourself"

"You cant treat people like they are a piece of a puzzle to your game, Yondela is my wife,not some pawn to your sick game". I took my cup of coffee and walked past her.

"So what about all this food?"

"I like my egg fried not scrambled. Yolanda knows that" I pointed out before making my way to the patio. The more I listen to this woman the more I get myself into shit,she always claims she is fixing the mess but the only thing she is doing is making things worse.

I agree at first I didn't see Yolands as more than just a girl I like. I was young and had quite a number of girls and she was just one of my many girls until she accidentally met with my father. She had slept over at my house and I had no idea that my parents were coming over and like the good woman she is she managed to make a good impression of herself and my father was so convinced that she is the woman I must marry if I want to be successful in life,he even invited her for dinner so that he can get to know her more. It was like the more he got to know her the more he grew fond of her,how she was raised and how she keeps herself as a woman even how she thinks,he wanted her to be the one to give her grand children and convinced me to marry her. I refused to marry her cause I felt like I was not ready and I wasn't sure about Yondela I mean she was just a receptionist at that time and I wanted someone who was a model or anything along those lines, My dad threatened to leave everything to my younger brother cause obviously I wasn't fit enough to take over the family businesses.

I thought he was joking until 2 years later he passed away and his lawyer came back telling me that he is leaving the businesses in my name but only if I am married to Yondela. Her and I had broken up at that time but I knew I could get her back so without anytime I went back to her and proposed to her and with a little bit of convincing she agreed. That remained a secret between my mom and I cause I knew if she would find out she wouldn't think twice before leaving me. I didn't even want her to feel like she is the reason why I have everything that's why I always made her feel like I was doing a lot for her and she owed me. I even asked her to stop studying or working and sit at home cause I was worried that she would work her way to the top and soon afford everything she wants and not see any need for me in her life. I wanted her to feel worthless without me and her entire life to revolve around me because basically everything I had depends on her.