CHAPTER 9

"Usuka kuphi? (Where are you coming from?)" Mazwi asks as soon as I closed the door. I turned to look at him.

"I...I wanted to clear my head so...I went to the mall to do some window shopping" I evince trying to sound as convincing as possible.

"Since when do you go to the mall and come back empty handed?"

"Like I said I was doing a window shopping and besides I didn't see anything I like so.."I shrug walking past him.

"Wena wonke you didn't see anythi-

"Ngiyaxolisa ke Mazwi. (I'm sorry then Mazwi) I didnt know that going to the mall and not buying anything would be a big deal"I snapped furrowing my eyebrows.

"Why are you so angry Im just concerned as any husband would be"

"Well don't be, you come and go as you please and no one interrogates you about your whereabouts" I exclaimed walking past him,making my way upstairs.

I got to my bedroom and made my way straight to the closet and changed into leggings pairing them with my black sweater and slippers.

I made my way back downstairs to get started with dinner and found Mazwi sitted in the dining table with his laptop in front of him.

I poured myself a glass of wine and took out some chicken from the freezer to defrost.

"Do you have anything specific that you'd like to eat for dinner?"I ask before taking a sip from my glass.

"No"

"Okay" I decided on grilled chicken with rice and veggies.

I prepared all my veggies and boiled them. As I waited for them I went to Instagram to search Nkosi...its not stalking I just want to see whats the deal with him.

I found his profile and really the only thing he posts about is hiking, traveling, gym and work. He is the superintendent of the hospital at his young age, which is impressive seeing that he apparently got a bursary to study because his parents were poor. He loves fitness which is well considering his body expected cause the guy has a body to die for and the fact that he knows how to dress for his body is a bonus point. It looks like his life revolves around two of his friends cause that's the only people he posts and his dog. 

"MaGumede something is burning" Mazwi exclaimed startling me. I switched off my phone putting it on the counter and rushed to the stove to take away the pot.

"How can food burn while you're right there in the kitchen?"

"I...I think I switched up the stove too high"I explained pouring water into the burnt pot of broccoli. "I will just order in food"I say turning off the stove and taking my phone to order some burgers on Uber eats.

I cleaned up the kitchen and refilled my glass of wine before making my way to the lounge.

I dont know what the fuck just happened but what I know is whatever it is  going on in this head of mine has to stop cause it wont end good like why am I even thinking about this guy,why does the thought of him excite me? Why does the thought of him make me want to squeal like I'm married. I'm a fucken married woman. MARRIED!!!

I put my phone away and took out a magazine from the coffee tavle drawer to take my mind away from Nkosi and everything that has to do with him.

I browsed through a few pages and starred into space. This guy has this way of looking at me  as if he is staring right into my soul and the way he is just so tender with me. He even said my voice sounds amazing which is a lie I'm sure he was saying that to rizz me up and why would he find me attractive I mean I'm just Mazwi's wife there's hot ng special about me except that,maybe that is why he is so interested in me maybe he just wants to get to Mazwi and I'm the easy target and what did he mean when he said Mazwi is not to be trusted?