CHAPTER 13

"You were fortunate to have not sustained a severe head injury Mrs Gumede, we did an X-ray scan and the tests came back clear. The bad news though is you fractured your hip bone on your left leg so you will have to wear a cast boot for three weeks or less. I don't see the need to keep you here any longer so tomorrow you might get to go home"

"Thank you doctor" I said staring out the glass wall looking at the stars. Battling with my inner thoughts, begging myself to choose me for once. I can't carry on like this because if I do I will end up in a mental institution or in jail or even worse in a grave. Is it even worth it? Fighting a losing battle for something that does not even make you happy, do I even love Mazwi or am I continuing with this marriage  just because I'm expected to . I almost lost my life and I'd have died without living and experiencing life to the fullest, everything I've ever done was to live for the people I cared about from living so that I can make my mom and dad proud to living to make my husband happy and satisfied. I never ever did something for myself. I'm tired.

I wiped the tear trail that was flowing down my cheek.

I could feel someone was staring at me from behind since I was facing my back towards the door. I attempted to turn but my head felt like a transplant that's how heavy and painful it is.

"Don't turn you going to hurt yourself" Yamkela says walking towards me. I sigh at my failed attempt to turn as I laid on the position I was in.

I looked at her as she pulled the chair to sit in front of me, her eyes are all swollen, puffy and red even her face is pink.

I could tell she was avoiding to look at me and there were tears threatening her eyes as she sat down.

"Mntase(sis) I'm okay" I assured taking her hand. She broke down in tears shaking her head.

"I don't want to lose you Yolanda" she sobbed and I could feel tears threatening my eyes as I tightened her hand.

"I'm not going anywhere"

"I don't want all of this anymore, I miss the days where you used to be the life of the party, the days where you would be the one to cheer me up not the other way around. I want my sister back Yolanda. I almost lost you today and that scared the shit out of me. I'm still trying to grieve from losing dad I can't lose you too" she sobbs wiping her tears. I nod as tears streamed down my face.

We heard a knock on the door and Yamkelas face dropped into a frown. Judging from her face I could already tell who was at the door. I looked at his reflection on the glass as he stood by the door.

"I can come back later if you still need time to ta-

" wait outside and come in when Yamkela walks out"I answered.

"sure" he says before walking away and Yamkela sucked her teeth folding her arms furiously.

"yabona Yolanda one thing I won't do is watch you spend the rest of your life with that man. Mna no Mazwi after this will never ever be okay abd it will get to a point where you will have to choose between him or me because I'm not going to act like I'm okay with a man who treats my sister like sh-

"There is no need for all that because Mazwi and I are done. I'm done with him and for good this time... This time I'm choosing myself" I assure whispering the last part. I felt a huge lump on my throat as I uttered those words, it felt like a hug from my younger self.

"Don't let him intimidate you or manipulate you because you can live without him" she says standing up.

"just go home and rest. I will see you tomorrow after your classes cause you are going to attend them" I dictate and sighs rolling her eyes.

"Love you" she says walking up to hug me. I kiss her cheek numerous times and she giggled pulling away. "I'm not Aviwe"

"you all the same to me"

She chuckles sucking her teeth. "byee Yolanda and make me proud"

"just leave"

She walks out and it didn't take long till Mazwi walked in. He walked up to kiss me and I pushed him away with my hand. He stopped in front of my face looking at me frowning.

"sit down Mazwi"

He sighs moving away to sit down on the chair. "it's your little sister right?"

"what did my little sister do? Cheat and humiliate me all over social media and on top of that impregnate a teenager. You tell me is it her fault?"

He exhales pinching his nose. "I'm not here to fight with you yazi"

I scoff looking at him. "now that's a first. You always fishing for a fight kaloku wena"

"is this a bad time maGumede? should I come back tomorrow when you are more calm and less malicious?"

"no now is perfect Gumede. I want a divorce, a peaceful one to be exact and you will give me that because it's the least you can do after everything you've put me through"

He looks at me frowning. "maGumede we not doing this, we not going to have this discussion everytime you and I go through a rough patch"

"Rough patch? Mazwi do you call this a rough patch? For who Mazwi because I'm the only one feeling the heat in all this but who cares cause everything has to be about you". I take a deep breath closing my eyes, I could feel my head pounding painfully. "I'm meeting up with my lawyers as soon as I get discharged, I'd advice you to do the same" I state more calmly looking at him.

"after the scandal we had you really think I need th-

" THAT'S THE THING MAZWI, wena everything has to be about you and how it affects you. I've always placed your feelings and image before my needs and beliefs  and you still went ahead  and humiliated me"I craoked as tears escaped my eyes.

" I think I should leave, you need to rest" he says standing up.

"Tomorrow I'm coming by to fetch my clothes and would appreciate it if you could keep your girlfriend out of the house at least until I leave"

He exhales shaking his head. "I love you" he says walking towards me in attempt to kiss me again.

"Mazwi ungandi phambanisi ke ne? (Mazwi you better not make me mad, okay?)"

He huffs furiously as he walked out of the ward. I sucked my teeth shaking my head.