CHAPTER 4

We arrived at home past 8pm late at night and we were so distructed by our heated conversation about how much of a trash men are that we didn't even tell mom that we on our way.

We hooted in front of the gate and mom got out to see who it is. Yamkela lowered the window and took out her hand  waving it and  she only opened the gate when she saw that its us.

We drove in feeling tired from the 7 hours drive we just took but I wont lie the feeling of being back home away from the city and its loudness will always be the best feeling ever. Nothing can match that like kumnandi ezilalini.

We got out of the car and mom was so confused I'm sure she thought she is dreaming.

"maMgwevu (Clan name) girrrll" Yamakela greeted hugging her.

I also walked up to hug her.

"Heee hayi kodwa ninezimanga Kutheni ningatchongo niyabuya? (Y'all are full of surprises,why didn't you say that y'all were coming back?)"

"Surprise kaloku ntombi"

He laughs looking at us. Yandiswa and Aviwe, her teenage daughter also walked out and Aviwe ran to us as soon as she saw us.

"Makhulu akatchongo noba niyeza haybo( granny didn't even say y'all were coming)"Aviwe says hugging us.

"She also didn't know love"

"Why doesn't your mom want to come and greet us?"Yamkela asks looking at Yandiswa who was standing in front of the door looking at us.

"Don't mind my mom,she is just being her usual self" Aviwe dismisses rolling her eyes. Trust her to act older than her age,I've never seen such a matured 17 years old.

We took the bags from the car and I took my luggage to my flat. At home we are only three sisters amd my mom so what I did is during the rebuilding of the main house, I decided to build three more one bedroom flats for my sisters and I so that whenever we come back for a ceremony or anything we don't have to sleep in the main house since normally when there is a ceremony and family members from different cities visit they normally sleep in the bedrooms that are in the main house and we end up with no place to sleep so I took it upon me to just avoid this whole thing and give each and every person her own little cabin but then since Its only Aviwe,Yandiswa and mom they all sleep in the main house unless like I said there's some ceremony or gathering.

I made my way back to the main house and found everyone seated in the lounge and it was quite obvious that I was the topic.

"Guys I came here to avoid this whole thing so can we please not go there"

"Its good to know that I wont be the only person who failed at keeping her marriage"Yandiswa says and I laughed rolling my eyes.

"You know what I missed you too Yandiswa"I remarked taking a sit next to her.

Mom fixed us something to eat whilst Aviwe kept us entertained with her dramatic stories.

We ate and as soon as I was done I just wanted to take a bath and sleep,my body was so tired. I said my goodnights to the family and made my way to my flat.

As soon as I got there I took a bath, got dressed in my long silk pajamas and dressed the bed with bed sheets and bed covers cause I always pack them in a plastic case when I leave. As I finished getting the bed ready there was a knock on my door. I went to open and it was my mom. I stepped aside so she could walk in.

"Sowuzi lungiselele for ulala? (You already  ready to sleep)?"

"Into  endiyidiniweyo, ibinde lemini(the way I'm so tired,this day was long)" I sigh plumping myself on the bed. She sat next to me and I just saw from her body language that this conversation was gonna be tense.