BLACKMAIL AND BARGAINS

For three days we're forced to wait on pins and needles for Evelyn to make her decision while my father's life hangs in the balance. And I don't know whether to be offended or turned on.

No woman has every said no to or refused an offer from my mother. But Evelyn Graham is a conundrum. And I respect the hell out of her for being able to do what no one in my entire life has been able to.

Stand up to Gillian King.

Now, here we sit, once again, waiting on pins and needles for Evelyn and her lawyer to finish reading the proposal. A feat that takes over an hour before she hands the proposal back to us.

"This contract is very heavy on protecting your interests, but not mine." She meets my gaze.

"How so?"

"There's no mention of a prenup." Her lawyer points out.

"The prenup is mentioned on page six." Winston frowns.

"Yes," Evelyn nods. "A prenup protecting Alexander's assets... not mine."

She can't be serious.

"You have more to gain here than lose." I scoff. "But by all means, feel free to add your own prenup."

As if on cue, her lawyer presents a prenuptial agreement to me, and I don't know if I should laugh or be offended. But I sign it anyway.

I really don't understand her. She has no ground to negotiate and yet she intrigues me to no end.

"If we're going to do this, there needs to be some ground rules."

"Name them." My mother smiles. Having finally gotten her way.

Me, I'm planning to marry a woman who hates my guts, and just the idea of it leaves me absolutely fucking thrilled. I can't wait to hate fuck her until she bends to my will.

"No kissing, no sleeping together, and don't touch me." She fires off the first few things that come to mind.

Not that I'm surprised.

Most women beg for the opposite. She must truly not like me, and I can't understand why.

What have I ever done to her to earn such contempt?

Amused, Winston leans over to me and whispers, "I like her."

Unfortunately, so do I. And once we're married, I plan to do everything in my power to change her impression of me.

One orgasm at a time.

Meanwhile, she's taken everything I want to do off the table, further impressing me. She doesn't care who I am. She's rather unaffected by it really. And she's impervious to what the King name means for someone like her. Another impressive trait of hers that I find frustrating. She's not like most of the women I've encountered, that much is for sure. Any other woman would have jumped at the chance to marry me, carry my name, and push out one of my children for a very healthy payday.

But not her.

The thought of marrying makes her want to stick needles in her eyes.

Raking my eyes over every inch of her body, I notice when her cheeks flush red and she looks away from me.

Okay, so she's not completely impervious to my charms.

"What are your thoughts on PDA?" I ask. Speaking for the first time since these negotiations began. Surprising my mother and Winston. "The public will want some sort of proof our relationship is real and not imaginary. So, I'm afraid not kissing you or touching you isn't an option. And neither is not sleeping together unless I'm Jesus and you're the virgin Mary. In which case we would be able to rely upon immaculate conception. Also, may I at least hold your hand?"