LEVERAGE

I'm not completely heartless. No matter how angry I may be with a person. So, when Evelyn needed me after losing our son, even though it was hard for me, I was determined to be there for her.

I stayed with her every day while she was in the hospital. Even when she wouldn't talk to me and did her best to run me off. Then I took her home and made sure she wanted for nothing while she recovered.

I made her breakfast, lunch, and dinner the week following the loss of our son. Taking time away from work to help tidy up her home, make sure she makes it to her follow up appointments, and give her medication whenever she needed. All while she remained both stoic and silent.

Even when I told her I needed to get back to work, she wouldn't acknowledge me. So, I left without so much as a thank you from her.

In fact, I haven't spoken to or seen her in over six months.

"What are you thinking about?" Selena asks from where she lies perched on my chest.

I'm not fool enough to open that can of worms. So, I shake my head.

Knowing Evelyn was pregnant with my child, and we're only in our first year of marriage has given Selena a bit of an insecurity where the dark beauty who damn near destroyed me is concerned. She's afraid I'll go back to her. Even with me having nothing to do with her these past six months.

Straddling me, she smiles down at me as she reaches for my todger to bring him to salute.

And it's taking every effort I have not to grow flaccid.

A new development that is affecting my ego and my sex life.

Selena has been gracious about it so far. Saying things like 'it's okay' or 'we can just try again later' or 'this happens to every guy at some point in their life'. But this type of thing doesn't happen to me. I'm an erection on command type of guy.

A 'the wind blows and I'm harder than asphalt' type of guy. Only, my todger and my brain are not working in tandem with each other.

"I must get to the office," I tell her.

My excuse to exit gracefully while I still have my dignity intact.

"No." She groans. Pouting like a child. "Stay here with me and let's try again."

That's exactly what I'm afraid of.

"I wish I could, but money doesn't make itself."

Reluctantly, she rolls off of me and I pad to her bathroom to shower. Allowing the water to beat down on my head while I try to clear my thoughts. Only, rather than clear them, my thoughts drift to the last time I shared a shower with a woman.

With Evelyn.

Her soft brown skin was so smooth it felt like silk beneath my fingertips. I can still see the way she looked at me. Holding my gaze while I explored every inch of her beautiful body.

Closing my eyes, I allow myself to get lost in the memory of what it felt like to fuck her.

The sounds and the faces she would make.

There was always a challenge there.

In her eyes.

In her body language.

In her actions.

And in the way she would bite down on her bottom lip to stifle her moans. Determined not to let me know how truly satisfied she was. Forever willfully defiant in every way.