PRISONER

It's been over a week, and if the incessant calls I'm getting from Jackson and his family are any indication, I think it's safe to say Alexander hasn't handled the situation like he said he would. And the more days that go by, the more threats I get.

Then Jackson serves me with custody papers. And it feels like the walls are closing in on me.

I can't breathe.

Staring down at the legal papers, despair takes root in my heart. I can't lose my son. I don't mind sharing him with Jackson, but I can't lose him completely.

After shoving the documents in my purse, and fishing my keys out of my purse, I hurry to the nearest elevator leaving David in charge.

"Where to, Madame?" My driver rolls down the privacy window to ask.

"King Investment Group." I instruct. Trying Alexander on my cell several times before letting out a frustrated cry and tossing my phone across the car.

I've spent eleven beautiful years undetected by my family.

Until now.

And I have Alexander to thank for singlehandedly destroying that life to suit his own needs.

Only, he's nowhere to be found.

Not that I need him to fix anything for me.

I have enough money in the bank and resources to afford the best legal team money can buy. Part of me just feels like this is Alexander's mess to clean up.

"Miss Graham." The front desk security officer greets me as I storm into the front lobby of the massive office building and over to the elevators. "Is Mr. King expecting you?"

"Nope." I reply as the elevator doors close in his face.

His next words are muffled by the rising elevator. Growing fainter and fainter by the second until I can't hear him at all. Then the elevator doors open, and I'm greeted by a nervous Judy who the security guard must've alerted because she does her best to talk me out of storming into whatever meeting Alexander is in.

Only, she fails miserably.

Swinging the double doors to his office open wide, I find him seated across from two men whose cufflinks cost more than most people make in a year. They all look at me at the same time and an annoyed expression clouds Alexanders handsome features.

Good.

I'm annoyed too.

"I'm in the middle of an important meeting, Evelyn. I'm afraid whatever brought you here with that scowl on your face must wait until I'm done." Alexander doesn't even bother to look up at me when he greets me. His tone leaving no room for argument.

"I thought you said you would handle it?" I toss the papers I was served at him. Not bothering to hide my anger. "Does this look handled to you?"

Alexander's guests are appalled by my actions. Their shocked gazes landing on Alexander.

But I'm too angry to care.

Ignoring the papers I tossed at him, Alexander looks past me and nods. I follow his gaze just in time to be seized by two of the biggest, muscular men I've ever seen, and carried out of the room.

"My apologies, Mr. King." Judy apologizes profusely. Scraping up the papers I was kind enough to toss in his face. "She just burst in, and no one could stop her."