GLIMPSE OF HELL

At first, I thought the rumors to be just that... rumors. Then I thought maybe Sam was using Evelyn to get back at me for outmaneuvering him every time we found our horns locked during a business venture. But recent reports have shown the two of them cozying up to each other. There's even been talk of wedding bells.

Like she's not already fucking married to me.

And the internal turmoil that follows only serves to confuse me.

She betrayed me.

She tried to trap me.

And she was so good at manipulating me that even to this day I am not sure what was real and what was not.

Turning the channel away from TMZ's coverage of her and Samuel Tisdale, I mute the news and sink deep into thought.

Everything about Evelyn made sense until it didn't. And now my life doesn't make much sense. Starting with my... whatever with Selena.

If you can even call it that.

I haven't spoken to her since I left her place and I have countless pleading voicemails to prove it. Voicemails I have no intentions of returning because as far as I'm concerned, my business with Selena has concluded. And I never should've allowed her to get close to me in the first place.

She's not built for someone like me.

Not like Evelyn.

Seeing her started off as a way to forget about Evelyn. Except, forgetting about Evelyn isn't as easy as I hoped. Even now, thoughts oof her consume me. And I find myself wondering how far her relationship with Samuel has gone.

If she's allowed him to have what is still legally mine.

If I cross her mind as often as she crosses mine.

Not that I have the right to expect anything from her after everything that has transpired between us.

Fuck.

My cell phone rings in my pocket, and I pull it out to find Stuart's name on the caller ID. I start to ignore his call but answer it at the last minute instead.

"This better not be bad news." I tell him. And I am met with his silence on the other end of the line. Sighing heavily, I tell him, "Just get on with it."

"G Technologies has unveiled its newest product in collaboration with Bishop Riggs, and its reception has been astounding. Sales are up almost five hundred percent, and as a result, King Technologies' stocks have plummeted." Stuart pauses to allow me a moment to let that sink in. Then he continues. "Our board members are getting nervous, Alexander. And many of them believe perhaps you've lost your touch."

Oh, ye of so little faith.

The wind could blow in a different direction and the board members would swear we were going under.

"Setup a meeting with Sam Tisdale, and then set up a meeting with the board."

"Sam Tisdale, sir?"

"Yes." I nod. "It's time he and I bury the hatchet."

"Very well then sir. I will make the call." Stuart promises before hanging up the phone.

He's not the only one I need to reach out to. But this particular conversation is better had face to face. So, after notifying Benji, I meet him in the lobby of my office building, and we take off in my car.