1.

"Mack! Mack!" I hear my name being repeatedly called out, so I push my long, wavy hair out of my face and look up as I struggle to lift up a box of fruit, mostly full of mangos, pineapples and strawberries. 

"Yes?" I barely say as I groan out from how heavy the wooden box is, holding it with my both hands and pressed to my body as I waddle with it, trying to carry it to the counter "Can you please pass me a new tequila bottle?" Stella replies without looking at me as she is focused on making a drink "Would if I could" I mumble under my breath as I finally set the box down under our counter then go to grab a new tequila bottle, handing it to her "Wow, this is second bottle today and it's 1 p.m." I comment as she takes bottle from my hands "What can I tell ya... Moms need it" her reply makes us both laugh.

"Here, number 32 is ready" She says and places drinks on my tray as I fix my jean overalls, tying my hair up in a messy ponytail as it's starting to become hot and I didn't want to be sweaty. I take the tray in my hands and walk through the now hot sand, but to my luck I was wearing sneakers so I didn't really feel it. As I walk towards the table 32, my ponytail sways with my each step, lifting up sand and throwing it to the sides as I walk, being careful once I walk around towels so I don't throw sand on them. 

"Hello, your drinks are here!" I say with a wide smile, placing cocktail glasses on the small table that was between two beach sunchairs, along with a receipt "That would be 23.50 ma'am" I say as I turn to a lady who looked like she was around 35, wearing a turquoise bikini and a pair of white flip flops with turquoise details on them. Her black hair that was tied in a bun was a perfect contrast to light colors on her and tanned skin made her bikini color pop out, complimenting her toned body as well.

"Is it okay with you if you wait here just for a second, my husband is right over there and I have no idea where he put his wallet?" She politely asks me, while searching through all three beach bags that she had and I simply nod my head, holding my tray under my armpit and a wallet in my hand, in case I need to give her back change. As she searches, I look back to see where her husband is and I notice him making a sand castle with 4 little girls around him "Yes, those are all my kids - well our kids" She chuckles and corrects herself, and the fact that she looks like that after giving birth to all those kids made me snap my head back at her with wide eyes "Wow.. congrats! I must compliment your looks then!" I say with excitement and admiration and as she thanked me her husband comes by "Hello, we will take care of receipt right away!" He apologizes to me for waiting "Oh no worries, I had just enough time to compliment your beautiful lady!" I say and walk away with money, thanking them for the tip. 

I walk back to Stella and I see a boy, around our age, standing with her behind the counter "Hello?" I say confused while giving Stella the 'who-the-fuck-is-that?' look. She smiles to me and points to him "This is our new helper! Well.. colleague, but he can finally help us with all those heavy boxes!" Stella says in excitement, even though she has never even tried to lift those boxes up, it was always me who carried them around. Our boss didn't even warn us about getting a new employee and dropping him in the middle of the shift was not such a smart idea. 

"Oh..hi. I'm Mackenna, but everyone calls me Mack." I introduce myself and hold my hand out for him to shake it, which he gladly accepts and sends a smile my way "I'm Theo, pleasure to meet you Mack." He replies and since it wasn't that busy, we get to know each other, well at least some basic things. I was right, he is our age, 20 to be precise. 

"John called me and told me that he will be our help since the summer season of madness is about to begin and we could use some help anyways" Stella explains to me and I nod in agreement "Yeah...last summer was chaotic enough, don't want that to happen again" I reply to her as I wipe the bar counter, the seats of bar stools and set new, fresh fruit as display and decoration. 

"Alright, so what is my first assignment for today?" Theo looks over at me and I could notice Stella signing me with her hands 'he is mine' so I giggle before focusing back on Theo "Well, you can wait on tables that are close to the bar and I'll do the ones by the water and further away, just until you get comfortable with tray and everything, then we will divide it into half and each one will have their own area" I reply with a smile, showing him with my hands as I talk, pointing to the tables that he will be serving. "Also, do you even know how to hold a tray?" I ask, placing my hands on my hips "Yes boss." He replies, mimicking my standing position, making us both laugh "Hey now, let's be serious" I correct our behavior and watch him hold the tray "I was waiter for almost a year, so let's do this the right way. I call dibs on the left side, I see a hot chick in turquoise bikini at 9 o'clock."

As I was about to correct him, I see Stella in the back waving 'no' to me so I shut my mouth and nod my head "Why don't you go and give her this strawberry cocktail and say it's on the house?" I hand him a glass of already made cocktail, that was for Stella though but I know that she won't be mad. He happily takes it and walks over to her, leaving Stella and I to watch  what's about to happen. 

I lean my elbow on the counter as I watch the scene unfold. Theo approaches her with the biggest smile ever "Oh hi pretty lady, I want you to show me the paradise" Stella mocks his voice, making us both giggle, as we try to read from his lips what he is saying, but it for sure wasn't that. 

Soon enough, Theo runs back to us, once her, now angry husband, yells at him and makes him go away.

"WHY didn't you tell me she had a husband and four kids?!" He snaps at me, trying to catch his breath as his cheeks are flushed red color from how embarrassed he is.

"First rule: Never flirt with customers." I wink at him and grab my tray, continuing on with my day.