3.

"How was work today honey?" My mom gently moves my hair to the side as she walks behind me and sets down bowl of soup in front of me "It was okay and isn't it a bit too hot for soup?" I look up at her, hoping that she would not make me eat it today.

"It's never too hot for soup" She winks at me and smiles, her smile warming my heart each time. She works as a doctor in a nearby hospital so even if outside is burning hot, homemade soup is a must. "Now.. tell me what happened?" She looks at me as she sits beside me, placing her hand on my arm, her fingers gently rub my skin, taking all of my worries away "Just rich people shit" I mumble and take a spoonful of soup in my mouth "Mackenna! No curse words." She looks at me with a warning look on her face and I raise my hands in the air "Fine fine." I pull out 5 bucks and give it to her, watching her place it in a no cursing jar, that is now fuller than my wallet ever was.

"Now I'm thinking about cursing everyday then taking that money for a vacation" I rub my chin, looking over at the jar then at my mom "Haha, nice try young lady, you know that is going towards the charity" She closes the jar and sits down next to me again. To avoid any more awkwardness, I finish my soup quickly, burning my tongue a few times, eager to tell her about our new friend at work.

"Oh! I need to tell you, there is this boy that has started working with us! His name is Theo, he is 20 years old and he moved here recently, but he has been a waiter for almost a year so he is pretty good at it" I talk with a genuine smile on my face, considering Stella and I needed someone new, fresh and fun. 

"Is he pretty good..looking?" My mother raises her eyebrows with an evil smirk written on her lips, making me roll my eyes and sigh "Moooooooom..." I whine as I hit my forehead on the table and put my hands up in the air as in 'I give up', making her chuckle "Fine fine.. I'm glad you two girls have some male company as well. I know how some customers can be" She adds, probably referring to her job as well. 

After we have finished our usual night talks after work, we said goodnight and I decide to walk out on the front porch and lay in a hammock that was hanging there for like ever. I carefully lay in it, trying not to break it and as I get comfortable with all the pillows, I finally relax and close my eyes for a moment, letting out a heavy breath, trying to forget the today's incident with that woman. As I open my eyes, I look up at the sky and try to think of a way to make the business run faster, and usually Stella and I are pretty fast, but with Theo being new today, I had to slow down so I could teach him about everything I know. 

As I was relaxing a message interrupts my thoughts, making me look at the screen and see Stella's name with a star emoji next to it, so I unlock the phone and read it:

Heeeey girl, just wanted to check up on you and see how are you doing?

No worries lovey, I'm all good. Mom's soup saved the day!

Awh.. I love Mrs.Driscoll's soup. Bring me some to work tomorrow!

Got ya, soup at 9 a.m.

Oh about that! We need you to come in at 3 p.m. tomorrow and stay until midnight cause there will be party from 9 p.m. til midnight.. It's a new thing John is trying out!

Oh well.. whatever the boss says.. will I be alone or?

Nope! Theo will help me out from 9-1 and then he will join you around 7 p.m.

Well at least I won't be alone, is what I think to myself before I head inside for a shower, leaving a note to my mother about my working hours tomorrow on the kitchen table on my way to the bathroom. 

Cold water hits my skin and it makes me let out a relaxed sigh as it cools me down after a hot day at the beach today. We usually work the whole day, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the bar but beach is available and open the whole day and night, only without drinks and fruit salads.

I close my eyes as my hand slides through my long hair, washing it with shampoo as I try to imagine what tomorrow's day will look like and what kind of party does he have in mind. What about decoration? What about music? I mean we play music throughout the day anyways, it's a local radio that plays hottest hits, but wouldn't he want it to be something different now? What people are his main target? The rich ones? God.. I hope not.