16.

"Theo, Stella and Mackenna..." I trail off as I wrap my arm around her shoulder "This is Ariadna, but you can call her Ari" I say as I introduce my sister to them.

"Get your arm off my shoulders, you'll ruin my hair!" She squeaks and pushes my arm away, fixing her curls as she hugs the girls and shakes hands with Theo, with me in the back keeping an eye on him. 

"So Theo man, where is your girl?" I ask him, noticing only three of them in front of me, once we are left alone. 

"Right here, bro" He puts his arm around Stella and they both smile at me, making me smile as well "Oh well, congratulations to you two lovely people" I say to them then turn to the table "Please, take your seats, you are seated across from me, near Emilio, you'll see your names on the cards" I explain, pointing them to the chairs and they gladly walk towards it. As Mackenna takes a step by me, I grab her arm gently "I might have to steal you for just a second" I say loud enough for only her to hear. She gives me a look over her shoulder then takes a step back so she is standing in front of me, waiting for me to speak.

Great, I should've taken a shot before shooting my shot. Even though I don't drink alcohol.

"First of all.." I lick my lips to keep them from being dry as it felt like they were full of sand ".. you look wonderful tonight" I begin to talk with a smile on my face, looking down at her, noticing just how this deep green was her color. I could notice a blush on her cheeks and a smile on her lips, which made me smile wider than a second ago. I look into her eyes and her brown-blackish eyeshadow made her eyes stand out the most on her face, looking more mysterious and hypnotizing then before. I try to control myself and not get lost in them, but I couldn't stop the heart from saying what it's been holding onto for quite a while now "I'm sorry for everything that has happened these past few days.. all the bad things.. but despite that, I've had the most amazing time with you. I've never had so much fun nor was I ever so relaxed and calm than when I was with you. Yesterday morning was chaotic and I wasn't thinking straight, but my heart lead me the way and it lead me to you.. I knew I had to see you because you were the one and only who could've calmed me down and you did, not only that, but you made me forget about all the struggles I've had and made me feel good again.. with one fucking hug." I spill out everything that was on my mind and chest, feeling relaxed and like a burden fell off my back once the words were out. 

She stays quiet for a moment then she leans up on her tip toes, looking cute as ever, and I could feel her lips, her soft, glossy lips press into my cheek lightly but just enough to make me get nervous and the need to kiss her lips "Thank you for the heartfelt apology, that was nice to hear from you. I'm glad I helped you with your bad day." She takes a step away from me as she was about to walk away.

Wait, that's it? That's all she has to say? What?

As I was about to grab her hand and pull her back towards me, only to feel her close to me again, I hear my mother's voice behind me "Kasper dear, dinner is about to be served. Lead your beautiful guest lady to her seat" She was nice to Mack? She probably doesn't recognize her and I'd rather keep it that way so I nod my head and show Mackenna the way.

I sit across from her, as she sits down next to Stella who was seated next to Theo, who was at the end of the table, close to Emilio and I was right across them, on this end of the table while my mother was all the way on the other end, facing Emilio, at the head of the table, as always. 

"You've got nothing to say?" I mumble to Mackenna, shooting her an annoyed look while I bounce my leg under the table from nervousness and anxiety. 

"Kasper, please." She stops my behavior and conversation from going, making me look away, clenching my jaw as I can't control myself when I'm around her and I just want to make things right. Why is she so hard to get?

My mother stands up and rambles on and on about our money and business, not so much about Emilio even though this speech was supposed to be about him. 

It was my turn next, so I stand up and clear my throat "Dear guests, friends and family.." I scan all of them while I pull on the fake smile for the crowd ".. thank you for gathering here with us today to celebrate the beginning of adult life of my little, well now not so little brother, Emilio." I pause as they clap and cheer to turn around to look at Emilio, who was seated at the head of the table next to me "Em, you are the best brother I could've ever asked for and I am so glad that besides being my brother, you are my best friend too. I am excited to see what the future has in it for you and I'll be here for you every step on the way, to guide you, help you and support you. I'll always have your back and I'll always support you, protect you and love you. You grew up to be a handsome man, just like me" I make a joke, making everybody laugh "You have a bright future ahead of you and both dad and I can't wait for you to join us and keep the family legacy going. To Emilio!" I raise my glass of whiskey, since it's bad luck to toast without an alcoholic drink and I could use the shot of it to help me calm my mind. I lean my head back and take all of it, not leaving one drop of whiskey and as I sat back down, I notice Mackenna looking down at her lap, not even touching the food. 

I look over at Stella and try to sign her with my eyes, without making it too obvious but she gives me a confused shrug as she didn't know what to tell me anyways. 

After a few minutes as we finished dinner, the music starts playing and everyone gets up to dance. I look over at Mackenna as only the two of us are left sitting at the table. I get up and walk over to her side, holding my hand out for her to take it "You owe me a dance, ma'am."