17.

I look up at him as I notice his hand in my face, placing my hand in his after hesitating for a moment. I mean, if we have to end this, let's at least have one last dance.

He walks me to the concrete part of the yard where everyone was swaying to the slow music, mostly couples. He stops when he finds a free spot, or better said when people move to make space for him and me. 

He looks down at me as his hand reaches out for my waist "May I?" and in response I nod my head, smiling a bit at his act of asking for permission first. His hand lands on my back, gently pulling me closer to him so I take two steps forward and find myself facing his chest, while he holds my hand in his free hand, I decide that the most comfortable position is to place my free hand on his chest, where his heart was. As I look up at him, and our eyes meet, I feel his heart beating faster so I tried my best not to smirk at the thought of me making him nervous for once. 

"Thank you for not turning me down for this dance" He begins and makes me giggle "Well, what can I say? You looked pretty charming back there but now-" I cut myself off to tease him, watching his expression go from happy to sad in a second, but he finds a way to recover and the only way was for him to tease me back "What? You don't like being close to me? In my arms?" as those words leave his mouth, his arm wraps around my waist, pulling me even closer so there is no space between us and our bodies are now pressed together, making me look away to the side, not able to keep the eye contact. I guess he noticed that since his next move surprised me. 

He leaned his lips closer to my ear and I could feel his breath on my neck, his warm, minty breath giving me shivers as he whispers in a steady, determined voice "Look at me." I felt my legs tremble for a moment at the sound of his deep voice in my ear, struggling to breath for a second so I take a deep breath in and look up at him, noticing how close we really are, especially our height difference not being big since I was on heels, so my forehead was aligned with his lips but once I look up and he looks down, our noses are just centimeters away from one another. I could feel his breathing switching at the same time as mine, while we stare into each others eyes, barely swaying to the music as if we got hypnotized and unable to move away.

"Why are you so hard to get? Why are you so distant and cold towards me when I can feel you shaking right now?" His calm, quiet voice was the only thing I hear, I completely blocked out the music and murmurs of other people that were around us. His eyes and his voice were my main focus now. 

"It's probably from the wind, this dress isn't a good choice for this night, I guess" I try to get myself out of this situation but he doesn't accept my answer "Darling, that dress is the most perfect choice for tonight, only I must admit, I'd love to see it on my bedroom floor instead."

His bold comment makes me gasp and want to take a step back but his grip on me tightens and doesn't let me move "Don't deny it anymore, don't run away from me, when we both know that we are dying to taste each other's lips" He keeps on talking, my body keeps on shaking from how nervous he is making me feel and my brain keeps on struggling to find the words that would be a perfect answer to all of this. 

"Mackenna.. from the day I saw you I found you attractive, but I could've never imagined myself liking you. Don't take it the wrong way, but I was just so with my head in business and I didn't even want to think about girls or relationships. Business and family time was on the first place for me.. until I met you. Until I realized I've spent more time with you these past few days than with them and I didn't mind that, not one second. Today was so hard, knowing that I might not see you and you were all I was thinking about. When your mother picked up and told me that she will convince you to come, she gave me hope and I could only be oh so grateful for that. Then, when I saw you, looking as gorgeous as ever, I knew that tonight is when I need to make things right with you. Now, that I'm feeling you close to me, I know that this feeling was what I was missing this whole time.." He makes a pause and I notice that we aren't even dancing anymore, we were standing in each other's embrace as if we were in our own world "For the first time ever I feel this way and I've never felt like this about anyone, I don't know how to describe it but it just feels right when we are together, like the whole universe is at peace when you are with me. I know you can feel my heart beating so fucking fast right now so take it as a sign that I'm telling the truth and I know, I guarantee that you feel the same because I see the way you are looking at me. That yesterday's hug only confirmed our feelings, don't you think?"

After his speech, I am speechless. He was so good with words and expressing his emotions and I was the complete opposite. I ran away from deep emotions, scared of being hurt and betrayed. As much as I wanted to tell him, to scream at the top of my lungs that I feel the same and that I've been dying to kiss him and have him all to myself, I knew my place in this world. And it was far away from the CEO.