39.

We were talking and laughing, dancing to the music and just having fun in our own world. 

"The pizza was great, but Mack's mom makes it better." Theo says as he demolishes the last slice of pizza. 

"Mack's mom makes the best food!" Stella adds as she giggles at the way Theo ate that last slice.

"You all keep on complimenting her food and I haven't even tried it, yet we've been together for almost three months now. It's been the whole summer and not once was I invited over for a dinner." Kasper crosses his arms, acting angry but he did kind of have a point. 

"Aww look, Mr. CEO is mad" Stella mocks Kasper's behavior, making us laugh and him finally giving in and chuckling as well.

"I'll make sure you get invited next time, bro" Theo pats Kasper's shoulder and nods his head as Kasper thanks him for that.

"I love it how all of you are arguing about my mom's cooking but yet none of you have tried mine." I reply, giggling a bit but no one else giggles, instead they all stop what they were doing and their eyes go wide "What.. what did I say wrong?" visible confusion was written on my face.

"It is true! You've never cooked for us, not even me!" Stella squeals and jumps onto me, wrapping her arms around my neck "Cook for us!" She whines and giggles, squeezing last breath out of me "God damn woman!" I manage to squeal with my last, heavy breath and as soon as she releases me from her deathly grip, I gasp sharply for air.

"You are all invited this Friday at my house, for dinner." I say, putting my hands up in the air as a defense. 

They all cheer and high five each other as if I'm Gordan Ramsay and they just scored a 5 star dinner, instead they will get chicken, salad and homemade tortillas. I roll my eyes at their behavior, before Stella pulls me aside for a moment.

"Come here" She says as she takes my hand and guides me a bit further away from the boys, who began talking as soon as we left, making me raise my eyebrows at suspense. 

"What?" I ask, looking at her as she grabs my elbows and turns my back towards them, making me focus my eyes and attention to her "Stella, you are scaring me" I say nervously as I try to get out of her grip but this girl was strong.

"Sooooo... how is life with Kasper going?" She smiles widely, wiggling her eyebrows at me. I roll my eyes as fear and suspense leaves my body, making me feel more relaxed. 

"It's good. You could've asked me that over there" I intend to turn and point but she stops me from moving my body before I could even make a slight movement "Seriously, what is going on?" I ask her, looking into her eyes, knowing the way her eyes move when she lies. I'm guessing she figured that out since she closed her eyes for a moment and let out a sigh, before looking at me "Theo and I have some issues so I told him to talk it out with Kasper and that's why I had to separate you from them."

"Issues? You should've told me earlier.. What's wrong?" I ask with worry in my voice as I embrace her in my arms, hugging her tightly.

"Just some boys stuff.." She mumbles, and as much as I wanted to keep on asking her until she tells me, I could feel that she didn't want to talk about it. So I let it go, but keep on holding onto her, comforting her in a gentle hug.

"You know you can tell me anything, anytime" I say quietly to her while rubbing her back gently, trying to sooth her. A simple nod was her answer, I'm guessing she didn't want to talk about it. After another minute of our hug, she pulls back and takes my hand bringing me back to the boys. 

"Oh hey, you're back" Theo wraps his arm around Stella and places a soft kiss on her cheek. Hm.. doesn't look like problems to me. 

"Yeah we should get going" Stella says and begins to push Theo, signaling him to start walking.

"Wait, what? But we just started having fun!" I whine, looking at the two of them, begging them with my puppy eyes not to leave and I could tell they almost gave in.

"We really need to go." Stella gives me the look, giving me a hint that they probably need to work on the issue they have, leaving me confused but I simply nod my head, since I could use that time to talk with Kasper about our issues.

"Oh.. alright. See you on Friday?" I ask, looking at the two of them as Stella nudges Theo so he would finally start walking away. 

"Yeah see you on Friday and Kasper thanks for the help about computers!" Theo says, making me raise my eyebrows

"Computer? But didn't you say-" I begin to talk, asking for answers as this whole situation is confusing me but  Stella was quicker to push Theo away and waves us goodbye, as they rush to Theo's car.

"What the fuck..." I breath out in confusion, looking into the distance where his car was, now it was an empty space as how quickly they vanished.

"What's wrong?" Kasper approaches me, placing his hand on my lower back as he guides to the sunbed and letting me sit down.

"Nothing.. just.. those two are hiding something. Is she pregnant?" I turn to Kasper who gulps at the mention of it and shakes his head quickly "NO, what? Theo didn't say anything about that to me! Is she? Do we need to buy gifts?!" His reaction makes me even more confused so I decide to lay down on my back and look up at the stars, feeling him lay down next to me.

"Let's just let it go.." I sigh as I close my eyes for a moment, as if that would erase everything that has happened today. Once I opened my eyes, I look up at the stars, clear sky let them shine bright this night.

"I need to tell you something.." Kasper begins and I think to myself 'Oh great...'

"Yes?" I reply, but keep on looking at the stars, scared of what's about to happen as I had no clue, but I was exhausted of today's emotion rollercoaster and all I needed was peace and quiet, preferably to be here by myself, all alone, me myself and I.

"I am done. I quit." were his words that made my heart skip a beat and I had to inhale a sharp breath to keep myself calm.

He is breaking up with me?