33.

I was stuck with work most of the day, only getting out twice to eat and once to make myself some coffee. It was now around 3 pm and I've been drowning in papers and documents since 7 am. 

I place my head in my hands and rub my eyes as I groan a bit, closing my eyes, trying to keep my focus on the work but all I could think about was Mackenna and how much I missed her. 

I look at the screen of my laptop and scroll down to the bottom of the page where a list with all  employee names was and with expected goals for this month along with how much they actually managed to achieve. To my surprise, everyone surpassed the expectations and our income was raised for an astounding percent. My eyebrows rise and furrow, looking at the screen in shock since our hotels have never reached such important goals. A smile grows on my lips and I breath out in relief before typing out a mail where I pour my heart out to all of them, exclaiming how grateful and thankful to them I am, because without them, nothing of this would be possible. I log into company's bank account and divide the amount of money that was in the bonus section to all workers accounts, realizing that it was half of their paycheck, smiling wider at their success and dedication, knowing that it would make them all happy. 

As I hit send and watch the email page refresh on my screen, a knock on the door makes me lift my head up in that direction "Come in." I lean back into my black, leather chair as I place my hands on the matte black table, taking in deep breath as I relax my back finally after sitting up straight for the most of the day.

I notice my mother's head peak in the room before opening the door fully and taking a look at me before closing the door and walking towards me "My handsome boy" her smile grows a bit as she pats my shoulder, looking over at the screen, her mouth dropping "Is that.. our software? Our income?" a squeal from her lips almost escapes as she pushes me along with my chair away, making me roll backwards until the chair hits the wall.

"Yes, it is already divided to employees and new innovations for hotels." I say in stern voice, placing my fingertips on my chin in satisfaction of her face changing colors "What..what about us?" her head turns to look at me in shock as a smirk appears on my lips "What do you mean?" I ask, knowing exactly what she meant. 

"Well.." she begins as she takes a few steps back, placing her hands on her hips after fixing her short hair, allowing me to roll back to my desk as she moves aside "..you know, we've worked as well, where are our paychecks?" she tries to sound as humble as possible but euro signs were all here eyes saw.

"Lilly, Luca and rest of the employees here got their paychecks this morning." I inform her, enjoying in teasing her and making her more and more frustrated.

"Yes but your brother and me?" She raises her eyebrows with a smooth smile appearing on her lips, as she tried her best to play with my mind, but I was nothing like my father.

"My brother got his medical bills covered, he is on sick leave which means he can't get any bonus as he didn't put in any work and before you say anything, I informed him about that and he is fine with it, he actually agrees and is thrilled to be back at work and help us reach higher goals." I talk strictly business, intertwining my fingers before I adjust rings on them, looking at my mother's face "Hm, alright if you think that is fair, but what about me?" 

"Can you tell me exactly what you did this previous month to help our company reach this goal?" I lean back into my chair, trying my best not to laugh into her face.

"What did Mackenna do? What did she do for the company or you? Why are you paying for her salon?" She snaps, finally showing what her true worries were about.

"Ah this is about Mackenna.." I begin but she cuts me off with a sigh of frustration, as she comes up with her next words she gives me time to think about what exactly Mackenna did to me. 

"Well.. let me inform you on this too, since you haven't been to any of the meetings" I once again begin, not letting her cut me off this time "Mackenna, the CEO of her own salon, is our best investment yet. All of our guests and clients will be able to shop in her salon. Her smart mind came up with an idea of making towels, robes, pillow cases and bed sheets for our hotels with our logo on them, making them look even more expensive. All of that will be installed in all of our hotels starting with next month as soon as her employees make them. Our logo will be sewed in colors of the country our hotel is in, which will make it authentic. She also had an idea of making a small packaging of hand towels along with soap and bath roses as a gift for our clients once they leave the hotel which will make them leave even happier and more satisfied and that little gift will be our marketing and also a way to bring them back to us and make them our constant and loyal clients. Mackenna will have her wardrobe designs displayed in her salon and if that goes well, as we hope it will, we plan on opening stores as a part of our hotel complexes where people would be able to buy clothes without the need to come here, to her original salon. We will also begin with online sales, with each online purchase the customer will get 15% off for our hotel services. It's all connected." I finish my explanation as I watch her stand there genuinely surprised but she was such a narcissist she wouldn't admit her admiration for Mackenna's ideas.

"Oh and she is my girlfriend, so if I, the CEO of everything we own, decide to spend money on her, so I will." I look at my mother with zero expression of sarcasm, instead my face was serious, meaning every word I say.

"So, after a few times you slept with that bartender you will give her the world? Anything her finger points she will have? I am your mother! I gave birth to you! That whor-"