14.

"Oh honey.. we haven't had a breakfast together in such a long time!" My mom smiles excitedly as she sets down the plates while I place the salad bowl and pan on the table, so we can eat. We both sit down and start eating, enjoying in food and our time together. 

"So, how is life recently? I'm proud of you for covering Stella's shift too, 2 days in a row for a whole day!" My mom exclaims as she leans closer to me, pressing a soft kiss on my forehead. I smile widely at the softness of her touch, taking me back to childhood when I was safe and sound.

"It's going pretty well, Theo fit in perfectly in these past few days and I'm excited to see Stella tomorrow!" I keep it short, not wanting to go into details. There weren't any details anyways.

"I didn't get the chance to ask you about the boy who kept you company and brought you home the other night?" My mom, even though she forgets a lot of stuff, remembers this one. I try not to make any visible face changes or reactions "It's Theo's friend who helped us throughout the day and since Theo had some plans with his girlfriend, the friend stayed with me. But nothing happened, he was quite a gentleman actually" I reply and keep it on the down low "Wow a gentleman at only 20 years of his life, that's a rare one" My mom chuckles and I do too, except mine was a nervous one because that man is way past 20. But she doesn't need to know that.

For the noon we planned on going to the city center and get the groceries that we lacked in the house. The supermarket was huge and I loved coming here just to go through aisles and check out all the new and international stuff that they had. 

Once we finished with that, we placed the grocery bags in the baskets of our bicycles and decided to ride through the streets, enjoying in nice weather. It wasn't too hot, it wasn't cloudy, it was perfect. Sun through tree leaves with a dash of warm, summer wind that carried delicious smell from the local bakery. We just exchanged looks and next thing you know is us sitting in the bakery, on the street patio, eating their fresh croissants filled with peach marmalade and the waitress brought us freshly squeezed lemonade on the house, since she found us lovely. 

As it was lunch time, we headed back home to unload the groceries and begin making lunch. I helped her with making homemade gnocchi, from potatoes, eggs and flour. Also, her homemade sauce was no where near comparison to a store bought one. Hers literally took you to Italy, you could feel the soul of it in the sauce, the love and work she put into making it. I prepared the chicken breasts as that was also part of today's lunch, I seasoned it with different season mixes we've had that mom's colleague brought her from Greece. 

"I must admit, you have some excellent cooking skills" My mom compliments me once we finish lunch, making me smile proudly "I learned from the best." I wrap my arms around her, hugging her close to me before I do the dishes. 

We decide to sit down on the couch and watch few episodes of our favorite TV show "Oh, well he looks nice, he could save me" My mother comments about this, seems to be around 40 years old, Cuban actor who played a cop in the show "Moooom" I giggle at her statement, not finding it disgusting, more like funny, since I haven't seen my mom in the company of anyone after my father "Hey, a lady like me deserves someone like that guapo macho man" her comment makes me laugh more before I nod my head "Even better, you deserve the world, mama" I lean into her side, hugging her tightly with a smile on my face as she returns the hug, pulling my head onto her lap to play with my hair. Soon enough, I fell asleep in her embrace.

A light shake wakes me up "Mackenna.. darling?" I hear my mom's voice so I sit up and rub my eyes "Oh I fell asleep, what time is it?" I mumble, trying to wake myself up "It's 6 pm and sorry I wouldn't wake you up but your boss called and needed to hear from you about tonight?" She weirdly puts this sentence together as I give her a confused look, grabbing my phone from the table "What does John want now?" I look at the phone unlocking it "John? No honey, it was Kasper or as it was written on your phone Kas the CEO, I guess John found someone to replace him" 

Oh she is so innocent, I think to myself as I try my best not to smile like an idiot "No mom, Kasper is Theo's friend, we just joke with him about the CEO thing, what did he say anyways?" 

"He introduced himself, he sounds just like you described him, a true gentleman and he said there was something tonight at 8pm you need to attend so I was worried that you'll miss it.. but now that you say he isn't the boss, does that mean my daughter has a date?" her face lights up from joy and I felt sorry that I had to turn her down "No.. It's his brother's birthday party so he invited us all, well all three of us." I set my phone back down, not wanting any interaction with him tonight

"You are going right?" My mother places her hand on my back and looks at me with the most motherly look ever "You need to go out Mack, meet some new people, enjoy in life while you are young" She brushes through my hair and I sigh "But I was waiting for this day to come, for us to spend time together" I whine, looking at her with a frown on my face "And we did, I had the most beautiful time with you today, but it's 6pm, there isn't anything we could've done except watch this TV show and go to bed, I'm tired anyways so by 8, I would've been asleep" She lies to me but as much as I wanted to stay, I also wanted to go out, especially because Stella and Theo are going. Are they? 

I grab my phone and call Stella, getting a confirmation from her side for both her and Theo, only that Theo will bring his girlfriend too so now she is begging me to come along, that way she wouldn't be a third wheel. I agree, only because of her.