37.

A gasp escapes my lips as I cover my mouth my with my hands quickly. We both stare at each other in shock as I observe his perfect face, his cheeks turn pink and a small smile appears on his lips

"Say it  again." He demands, looking into my eyes as I drop my hands down to my lap, confused as to what has just happened. My mind had million thoughts but my heart was beating for one reason only.

I take in a deep breath and cup his cheeks with my hands, looking deeper into his eyes as I let them hypnotize me into his own little world, our noses almost touching as I whisper on his lips "I love you.." before anyone could say anything else, I felt his lips connect with mine on a level never reached before. 

My heart almost bursts from the amount of passion and love that is being poured on my lips, my eyes close shut, my lips sink into his and I inhale sharply through my nose as I feel his hand on my hip, his nails digging into my side as he deepens the kiss and it turns into a passionate make out, such we didn't have before. 

Once we pull back, a wide smile appears on his lips and I notice in his eyes the light I've never seen before. We didn't say a word, we just stared into each other's eyes but we knew what we felt. Only I had more balls to admit it and say it than him. Which is adorable. And powerful. 

His hand cups my cheek before running through my hair as he is left breathless from the make out, as well as I was. We tried to catch our breaths, breathing in sync and smiling at each other's presence.

"I wish things were different from day one.." He finally speaks out the words I didn't expect to hear after I've just said 'I love you' to him but I was willing to listen to what he has to say. 

"I've made a lot of mistakes and I wish I could fix that somehow.. I wish all this stress would go away and to live normal life with you.." He continues, making me furrow my eyebrows and move away from his face since I wasn't sure was he making an entrance for a romantic sentence at the end or breaking up with me, even though we weren't official yet. He did tell me I need, I must be his, but he hasn't asked yet. Leaving me all confused, he began to drive to the salon, the ride over there being pretty quiet and awkward, as my bottom lip quivered and I tried my best not to cry.

Once he pulls up, I get out of the car but he tells me that he needs to call Theo and he will be there with me in a moment.

I ignore him and shut the door of the car close, before I take a deep breath in and walk into salon, but Helen was nowhere to be seen.

Instead, I begin to clean up everything that was all over the floor, since it was a pretty big mess I've mainly made. 

I hear the door behind me open and it was Kasper, I knew it by the sound of his steps.

"I'm here" He still announces himself before he leans down and begins to help me clean up, but little does he know I was doing it only as a form of therapy and to get my mind of what has just happened.

"Oh Mackenna, you are feeling better I see, but please leave that, I don't want you to feel- Hello Mr. Amos" Helen cuts herself off before I could look up at her and send her the 'do not say anything' look with my eyes, but she basically almost said everything.

"Feeling better? What happened?" Kasper asks, looking at Helen then at me. I pretended not to hear him as I continued to put the boxes away "Helen, could you give us a moment? Actually just leave the keys on the table, we will lock on our way out." and of course, she does as he says, since once he gets serious he can be very intimidating. They weren't scared of him but they had so much respect and were loyal so they listened to everything he says, as well as he listens to all their ideas and desires so it was mutual, but everyone knew who the CEO was and that his word is the final word and end of discussion.

"Can you stop ignoring me?" He clears his throat and speaks out as soon as Helen leaves but I keep on minding my business and as I was about to pick up another box, he grabs my hand and pulls me closer to him "Stop fucking ignoring me." his voice raises to get my attention, so I calmly look into his eyes, staying quiet.

A chuckle leaves his mouth with a sigh of frustration as he lets go of my hand and shakes his head "Here is the stubborn Mackenna I know" he comments, giving me an adjective as if he knew me that well at all, making me raise my eyebrows in surprise to his audacity.

"Excuse me?"

"You are excused." He calmly says, imitating my behavior now, making me roll my eyes and laugh from the irony and tension that is between us.

"We both know you ignored me first, so you expect me to act like everything is normal after I've just admitted my love to you and I got ignored for it? Even if you don't love me, I don't expect you to say it, but at least acknowledge it and have some empathy for the love of God!" I snap but before he could say anything, I continue "I know that you are used to having at least one girl in every city you go to that will break her legs just to get to you, one call and she is at your door begging you to fuck her only to leave her in the morning or in the middle of the night. Senseless and selfish, but I thought you were different to me. I thought you changed as you talked to me about how much you hated that side of you. How much you wanted to change and be better, for me. Let me just guess to how many girls you've said the same exact thing, hm? 50? A hundred? You can't even keep count anymore and I'll gladly count them once they come at me with their jealous little fake asses to complain about how you should've been theirs. They may have big ass or tits, big lips and Hollywood doll faces, but they don't have soul or passion. They don't have purpose and they for sure don't have all this love I have for you! They only like your image but me, Kasper? I fell for your soul, eyes, heart and everything you are hiding behind that cold shield you put on each time someone tries to approach your heart. But guess what? One day.. One day Kasper, you're gonna have to let it speak too. Cause it's been dying to give all the love it is holding inside and to be, for the first time in its life, loved back. But you are a scared coward who can't imagine things not going the way you wanted them to be. Well look at us now. I'm a bigger man than you'll ever be." 

With those words I storm outside, leaving the door of the salon open in case he wanted to run after me, stop me and tell me that none of that is true. But once I opened the door to my house, I knew that wasn't going to happen.