20.

"Where is he?? GET OUT OF MY WAY! WHERE IS HE?!"

I wrap my arms tightly around her and I feel her heart crashing into a million pieces just as mine did, an hour ago. I try to take her pain away with this firm, warm hug, but all I could feel is that my arms are betraying me as they begin to shake. I close my eyes and take in a deep, shaky breath as my mind tries to come up with something comforting and soothing. 

"Where is my little boy.." 

My mother cries as she starts to slip out of my arms and fall to the ground but I manage to catch her loose body and set her on one of the chairs in the hospital hall. 

"Take deep breaths please.." I beg, my voice cracking and not able to even talk at a normal tone, so everything comes out as a whisper. 

"I thought that this day won't ever come this soon..." She whispers while a tear rolls down her cheek, as she stares at the floor, a corner where two concrete, half white half green walls meet. 

I kneel down next to her, grabbing her hand in mine and trying to make her look at me "He will be alright.. Don't worry" I try to convince her while not believing in my own words. All I got from her was a devastated chuckle, an ironic one you make once you give up and know that every word you hear is a lie and all you want to do is trade places with the person in trouble. 

"Doctor, here!" A nurse shouts as she leads the female doctor to the emergency room where my brother was. 

"Female doctor? But they told me she left and we need to wait for doctor David Attanasi.."  I whisper to myself, looking around at the nurses confused. I quickly stand up and approach one of the nurses the was holding a bunch of papers "Excuse me.. They told me doctor Attanasi will take this case" I excuse myself and try to find the answer.

"Sir please, sit down until we call your name." She says coldly and as she was about to enter, I grab her elbow and step closer, speaking through my teeth "If anything happens to him-"

"Let go of me or I will have you kicked out of here." She glares at me and yanks her arm away before she goes in.

"Kas!" I hear male voice shout my name from behind me.

I turn around to see my father jogging towards me then embracing me in the warmest, softest hug I've ever felt. I let out a sigh of relief as finally I could let all of my emotions out and now I know he will take care of everything and everything will be alright. I didn't even notice that I was sobbing loudly while my hands were gripping onto my father's back. 

"Let it all out, you've been so strong and so good and so smart, you deserve to let it go" His voice comforts me as I get a feeling of childhood innocence and once again I was this little kid who didn't worry about anything except when will he get to go outside and play with his friends. All of the worries went away, they left my body in loud sobs and sniffs as tears were running down my face. It wasn't about Emilio anymore, it was everything I've missed since our father left and now, for a brief moment, I had it all back, in my arms.

"Did you call him?" My mother's voice breaks our moment and I pull back to wipe off my tears with my hands, while my father pats my back as if he was telling me 'time to go back to reality' even though reality sucked right now.

"Yes, it's his son as well." I reply coldly while wondering how could she be so mean when her son is in the ER.

She just looks away and as she was about to say another word, my father interrupts her.

"Cut it. Either keep your mouth shut or say something smart." He says in calm voice. I admire him for finding all this strength to be nice to her after all she has done to him. 

"Who do you think you are-"

My mother begins but this time, I cut her off.

"He is a man who gave you name, power, money, children and love. But who are you? A dumb, hungry and thirsty for money and fame and once you had it all, you cheat on him, like all the 'good' wives do." I say through my teeth, not believing the audacity she thinks she has.

"How do you know?" Her mouth drops as she stares at me with her eyes wide open.

"I was the one who caught you." I reply coldly as I look away, not able to look at her face, trying not to throw up as memories resurface.

Before we could finish our fight, one of the nurses comes by and offers us a room where we can sit comfortably and eat, since I've told her once I got here that we will pay for anything that is needed. 

She leads us to the last floor where 'presidental' hospital rooms were, informing us that only one is available and it's where my brother will be placed after they take care of him.

"So.. he will be fine?" I ask with hope finally appearing in my eyes and my voice sounding a bit louder than before. 

"He will be. Doctor is our best one we have ever had. We are glad she stayed with us." Nurse replies and with me not wanting to talk anymore, I didn't ask further questions but I guess that means she was offered a better location and job, but she decided to stay. Now, let's see how good she is.

"Ugh, I can't believe I get to share the room with him again." My mother scoffs and I look at her, sending her a death glare.

"You don't have to, pay for your own room with your own money." I reply nonchalant, knowing that if I don't give her money, she doesn't have any since she hasn't worked a day in her life.