36.

Once I felt vanilla scented perfume, mixed with coconut and a soft touch in my hair and on my hand, I knew I was either in heaven or finally safe. 

I slowly begin to open my eyes as I hear her gentle voice calling out for my name, blushing a bit as I hear her call me 'darling'. I could notice that my head was on a pillow or her lap since it wasn't cold or hard anymore but it was soft and warm underneath my head. 

I finally open my eyes and look up at her, her looking like an absolute beauty even though she didn't even have any make up on, or dressed anything fancy. She was in her white overalls and an all white outfit, looking casual and soft. 

"Mack...?" I manage to speak out, barely opening my mouth as my throat felt like I've eaten a tone of sand and my lips were so dry they were glued together basically. I feel her push me to sit up and I pull myself up using my legs and ab muscles, groaning as my head begins to hurt. She hands me a glass of water and I chug it down before slowly managing to stand up, watching her join me as well. 

"What happened, love?" her soft, warm fingers touch my red cheek, numbing the pain from the slap away and fixing everything that has previously happened with just one touch. I look down at her, into her eyes, as my hand cups her hand that was on my cheek, holding it there a bit longer as I enjoy and relax in her touch, noticing that her eyes were wet from tears but she still had a warm smile, even though I could notice it was broken from all the worry. Her eyes spoke the truth she hid behind her smile and steady voice. 

I could notice she was a bit pale as well, not knowing what has happened so I look down at her with concern as my hands cup her cheeks, moving a few strands of her hair behind her ears "Are you alright, darling?" I whisper, my eyes glancing into hers, moving from one eye to the other as I feel my heart beating faster, knowing that if anyone has hurt her, I'm ready to kill.

"Nothing.. it's fine, I was just worried about you and I had a feeling something has happened so I came rushing over to get here" her voice soothing and comforting me, making me feel more relaxed and finally letting out a sigh of relief, knowing she is fine but just worried. 

"Now tell me, what happened over here?" her hands wrap around my wrists as I was still cupping her cheeks, my thumbs brushing over her skin gently and careful, as if her skin was made out of glass.

"I got into a fight with my mother over some things about hotel and I got mad... I guess some anger took over me and I made this" I lie to her, not wanting to bring her into family drama for no reason, but I make it believable or at least I try to, switching the topic back to her quickly so she doesn't have time to question anything.

"What did you do today?" I ask her as I bring her into my arms, holding her close to my body as I finally hug her, realizing that it is all I needed.

"Well, I've spent the whole day at the salon with Helen." She replies coldly as she didn't buy my lies but we were both too exhausted to continue that conversation.

"Also, Stella invited us to go to the bar tonight" She mentions as she pulls away from the hug so she could place a soft, tender kiss on my cheek, making a smile breakthrough on my face, followed with a small blush appearing on my cheeks and nose.

"Ah.. well let's go then" I grab her hand, walking out of the room after I grab my phone and wallet, as well as car keys, since all I've wanted to do was get out of this place everyone calls home as soon as possible.

As we get into my car, she turns to face me "Can we please just make a stop at the salon? I still need to go over the finishing details with Helen." her pleading face was the most adorable face I've ever seen.

"Of course, darling" I smile at her before I lean over and pucker up my lips to kiss her but she moves back, making me furrow my eyebrows and look at her "Did you just move away?"

"Yes, you lied to me." She crosses arms over her chest, making a puzzled mad face, becoming even cuter which made me chuckle. 

I cup her cheek as my thumb rests near her tiny nose, before sliding it over her plump, wet lips "I need to kiss you.. I've missed those lips so much.." I whisper while looking at her, still leaned close to her, feeling her lean in slowly as she couldn't resist my touch.

Our lips finally meet and I feel fireworks inside of my body. That's when I knew and this whole day confirmed it for me. She was the one.

I pull back slowly to look into her eyes, noticing her biting on her lower lip as she blushes "How did I get so lucky to have you?" her whispers reveal how shy she was right now, making me lick my lips as all I wanted was to kiss all over her face and bite her soft cheeks because of how cute she was at that moment. 

"Oh princess, I'm the lucky one." For the first time I use that petname, waiting for her reaction. Her cheeks burn bright red as her eyes light up, her teeth let go of her bottom lip as her mouth stay open and lips parted, noticing the glow her face just got from one, single word. I look into her eyes deeply, wanting to let her know how I feel without saying a word, because I was scared. I was scared of opening my heart and hearing those words come out from my mouth. I was scared of emotions and I tried to push them back down like I always did. But something deep inside of me wanted me to scream on top of my lungs and finally let go of it, of everything I've been holding in since the day I've met her. It's been two months now and summer will end in one month. I needed to do something if I didn't want to loose her but I couldn't. I was scared. 

For the first time in my life I was weak in front of a woman, better said - a woman has made me weak. Not a woman... THE woman. I was broken, gasping for her love and attention, needing her more than ever, I was desperate. 

I was desperate for real, true love.

And true love was her.

Her.

"I love you."